• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk little bit damaged, how to fix?

PeopleInside

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.46
Recently a BUG has create some issues on my server.
I fixed the BUG by removing the file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plesk-ext-ruby.list but Plesk panel seems corrupted even if diagnosis never find issues.

When I try to install an extension I get this:
1662288758694.png
This was different screen before the corruption and this screen never update stay frozen.
I need exist from this then the extension is installed.

Also if I create a new customer the screen stay frozen in the creation process and need exit from the page to see the customer created.
Any idea on how I can fix this? Need maybe do an update or see Plesk reinstalled without I need loose my server actually active with all websites , emails and services?

Probably there is a hanging process in the Linux process list that is related to Plesk or one of their management processes. Subsequent processes will not be started when a running process of the same type has not yet finished. You need to find that hanging process by checking the Linux process list. Normally this is easy to find as you can simply check how long a process has been running and is related to Plesk. Another, more quick and dirty solution could be to either stop all psa service associcated services by
# service psa stopall
and then start them again
# service psa start
(but this is not guaranteed to work) or to reboot the server. The better solution is to find out which process is hanging and to only terminate that one.

Probably there is a hanging process in the Linux process list that is related to Plesk or one of their management processes. Subsequent processes will not be started when a running process of the same type has not yet finished. You need to find that hanging process by checking the Linux process list. Normally this is easy to find as you can simply check how long a process has been running and is related to Plesk. Another, more quick and dirty solution could be to either stop all psa service associcated services by
# service psa stopall
and then start them again
# service psa start
(but this is not guaranteed to work) or to reboot the server. The better solution is to find out which process is hanging and to only terminate that one.
Resolved with a reboot, thanks!

Back