• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Plesk Mail Autodiscover

Mistral

New Pleskian
Hi,

Does anyone know the TTL for plesk autodiscover records?
I have shutdown the service yesterday about 20 hours ago and it still finds the plesk autodiscover first.
I've tried looking at the knowledge base but doesn't have a note included with the TTL of the records it would add.

Thank you in advance.
Mistral

I believe the default TTL for any DNS record managed trough is 24 hours. You can check the current TTL of your own records with an online lookup tool like MXtoolbox.

Hi Kaspar,

Thank you for the quick answer.

I've confirmed my DNS records. Those are all set.
Unfortunately Outlook first looks for: https://<domain>/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml
And after that it will look locally, CNAME and after that SRV.
I am using a SRV record.

Currently it still finds the .xml from before disabling the plesk autodiscovery.
How can I remove the autodiscover.xml from the domain? Or did I missunderstand and the .xml has a TTL of 24 hours.

Plesk1.png

Thank you in advance,
Mistral

You mean you have SRV records for the domain pointing to another server? But Outlook stil uses the autodiscover configuration from the Plesk server?

Or did I missunderstand and the .xml has a TTL of 24 hours.
No, the XML has no TTL.

You mean you have SRV records for the domain pointing to another server? But Outlook stil uses the autodiscover configuration from the Plesk server?
Yes exactly. The site is hosted using wordpress.
I want Outlook to not find or skip the autodiscover .xml from Plesk. (https://<domain>/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml)
I've tried adding RewriteRule ^autodiscover/autodiscover.xml$ - [forbidden,last] to the .htaccess file, but that does not seem to do the trick.

Any suggestions how I can remove the .xml from the domain?
Or atleast make it unreadable.

The autodiscovery prioritizes the .xml before checking DNS for SRV records.
I need it to find the SRV for it to go to the right mailserver.

I haven't been able to reliably replicate this. It suspect that the way Outlook utilizes autodiscovery (if supported) might work different in depending on the Outlook version.

What Outlook version are you using?

Hi Kaspar,
I am currently using Microsoft 365 MSO (Versie 2405 Build 16.0.17628.20006) 64 bits, the latest build.

Back