• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk mobile log file makes server backup large

King555

Regular Pleskian
Since I installed the "Plesk mobile" extension my daily server backup via Plesk (only configuration and e-mails) is much larger than before and gets larger every day. Now I found out that there is a log file called "MobileConnector.log" in that backup and this file currently is 60 MB in size.

The questions are: Why is that file in the backup and how can I avoid it being in the backup? Or is this a reportable bug?

Make sure that checkbox "Exclude log files" is ticked in Backup Settings.

I cannot find this checkbox. I only have "domain config", "e-mail config and content", and "user files and datebases". This is under "settings for planned backup". Is there another settings page I do not find? Plesk Onyx 17.8.

EDIT: OK, found it under "Create backup". But how do I exclude the log files when creating backups automatically?

EDIT #2: The area with the checkbox is hidden via JavaScript:

Code:
Jsw.onReady(function() {
    var masterCheckboxFunction = function() {
        if ($('backup-settings-excludeFilesMasterCheckbox').checked) {
            $('backup-settings-exclude_files-form-row') && $('backup-settings-exclude_files-form-row').show();
        } else {
            $('backup-settings-exclude_files-form-row') && $('backup-settings-exclude_files-form-row').hide();
        }
    };

["backup-settings-excludeFilesMasterCheckbox"].forEach(function (id) {
        $(id).observe('click', masterCheckboxFunction);
    });
    masterCheckboxFunction();
});

Why?

Last edited:
This checkbox does not exist (in my Plesk) when doing scheduled backups!

EDIT:
plesk.jpg

Last edited:
MobileConnector.log is Plesk mobile extension's log file and it cannot be excluded from backups. As an option, it is possibly to add entry to /etc/logrotate.d to rotate MobileConnector.log.

Thanks!

By the way, now I found out why I do not have this checkbox. It only appears when I tick "User files and datebases".

I think consistency is the key here. If the logs are supposed to be included in the backup, than this log file should be included too. If they aren't, than this particular one shouldn't be either. Isn't this already the case, as it is now?

If only the actual log size is the issue, than rotating the log is indeed the correct approach, IMHO.

I did not configure Plesk to include the logfiles. So this log should not be included, But it is. And as this seems to be no bug, I have to post this as a feature request.

I guess it's because of the fact that this is an extension logfile, not a log of any server software.

Back