• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk & multiple ip's

R

rubensans

Hello.

I have a server with multiple ip's (for example: A B C).

The ip's A & B will run for plesk. (IIS, MAILENABLE, DNS BIND, etc.....)

But I need the ip C to be assigned only to a extra mailserver (altn mDAEMON) that will run alone. Ip C will only be for Mdaemon apllication.

As far as I see for doing this I have to bind Mdaemon to only Ip C, and have to enter only Ip A and B to Plesk control Panel.

What will happen when I activate the firewall in plesk? will it bind all the ip C? or it wont do nothing since ip C is not assigned to Plesk CP?

I supose MailEnable will also only listen to the ip's assigned to plesk Control Panel, wont it?

Best Regards,

Ruben.

As far as I know, PSAs firewall just activates Windows2k3 firewall on the interface. If all your IPs are bound to a single interface, it should apply to all of them. If your using an instance of ME outside of PSA, you can just modify the settings in ME itself using its mmc plugin.

If you have all IPs in one interface I recommend to add another network card for the IP address C. So when you go to the turn on / off the firewall in Plesk you can do it on individual interfaces... you can check on and no the other.

Back