• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk/mysql/pass problem...

E

evilbob

Hiya, seem to have a problem with plesk atm which is driving me bananas :).

Plesk error when trying to login...
"ERROR: Unable to connect to database: saved admin password is incorrect"

If I try from ssh mysql -u admin -p I can't log in with any pass.

If I start mysql with --skip-grant-tables I can obviously login, change passwords etc (and flush privileges), but none of it makes any difference. It seems its more an mysql problem, as after that I still can't login with mysql -u admin -p.

So this is basically where I'm stuck, when I change the password in mysql with privileges off, afterwards it doesn't seem to make any difference I still can't login to mysql?

Always says....ERROR 1045: Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Any help much appreciated.

Nm think I've sorted it...

update mysql.user set Password=PASSWORD('*********') where User='admin';

seems to work 2nd time around after starting a different mysqld (even though had the same content?)

Killed admin for psa

I guess I didn't realize that a user is mysql was for all the databases..

I changed, deleted or munged the admin user for mysql and I'm getting the

Unable to connect to database: get_admin_password() failed: file_get_contents() failed:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0: /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3:437 psaerror(string "Unable to connect to database: get_admin_password() failed: file_get_contents() failed: ")

How do I add that back?
Is the "update command a mysql? how do i logon with out the admin account?

Help! :confused:

Try this from console or ssh: provided that your are using MySQL version 3.xx

mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`;
use mysql;

INSERT into user values ('localhost','admin',"Password(PLESK_PASSWORD)",'Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y','Y');

flush privileges;

exit;

Back