• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk Obsidian 18.0.29 Update #3 php settings help needed

plesknoobie123

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have changed the max_execution_time to 300 but when importing a theme in WordPress I get the following error: "Maximum execution time of 29 seconds exceeded in /var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/subdomain.mysite.com/wp-includes/class-wp-image-editor.php on line 489"

I have even changed the settings in the php.ini in Plesk and have checked the php.info in Plesk and reflects the settings and ever restarted the service but still the same issue.

What else I can do to resolve this please?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have changed the max_execution_time to 300 but when importing a theme in WordPress I get the following error: "Maximum execution time of 29 seconds exceeded in /var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/subdomain.mysite.com/wp-includes/class-wp-image-editor.php on line 489"

I have even changed the settings in the php.ini in Plesk and have checked the php.info in Plesk and reflects the settings and ever restarted the service but still the same issue.

What else I can do to resolve this please?

Thanks in advance.
Have also checked the php.ini file here and it reflects the changed PHP parameters but still, at WordPress, it gives the 29/30 second error: /opt/plesk/php/7.3/etc/php.ini

*Using PHP-FPM 7.3.21 for subdomain and main domain.

I have just tried the exact same steps and the issue persists on the main domain too.

Just for clarification, did you change it with this method? Website shows Error 504: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded
Hi IgorG,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, initially that is the way I changed it as I had found that article after searching for it, then repeated my task but the execution time error happened again.

Then I changed it through the Home > Tools & Settings > php.ini editing the values and the error persisted.

I even downloaded a plugin in WordPress to change the php.ini values as well as creating it manually in the WordPress admin folder but no joy.

I have checked the php.info page globally and for the domain level and the changes, I made reflect there.

What else can I try?

Just to ensure that you don't have this value set in a script, have you tried running an execution time loop outside of WordPress to ensure that it is environmental?

Just to ensure that you don't have this value set in a script, have you tried running an execution time loop outside of WordPress to ensure that it is environmental?
Hi and thanks for the reply.

That is interesting and never thought of that.

After searching for a script, I found this: PHP: set_time_limit - Manual and this How can I find my php.ini on wordpress?

Do I just copy either code in a newly created .php file on a newly created domain which I have and run it in the browser?

Sorry for the noob questions but just don't want to mess anything up.

Back