• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input Plesk Obsidian 18.0.32 Update #1

emily2015

New Pleskian
Hi,

P.S. I think I posted in the wrong section, I have Plesk Obsidian 18.0.32 Update #1 .

I am migrating a bunch of websites from CentOS6 Plesk to CentOS7 Plesk and ran into an odd issue.

I can't send emails using the sendmail postfix wrapper to any addresses under local (i.e. hosted) domains in Plesk. There is no issue when using a proper email setup in email clients etc, it's only affecting "sendmail -t" type calls.

I have everything obvious configured. A proper domain, rDNS, full domain in the hosts file etc... I can run "sendmail -t" to craft a manual email and send to an external GMail address with no issues. If I run with "-v" flag, it does deliver a Mail Delivery Report with "Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery via plesk_virtual: delivered via
plesk_virtual service". But no email comes through.

Everything else works perfectly.

It doesn't help that I am not that skilled in postfix administration and only know how to manually configure sendmail servers. I am probably missing something obvious.

I didn't have this issue in CentOS6 where it worked from the get go and I didn't need to fiddle with anything.

it's a big issue as I have custom CGI applications that send emails using sendmail system pipe calls.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,
D

Mail Delivery Report with "Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery via plesk_virtual: delivered via
plesk_virtual service". But no email comes through.
I don't think it is possible that a successful delivery is logged while the actually delivery did not take place.
Identify where your mailbox content is stored:
# grep PLESK_MAILNAMES_D /etc/psa/psa.conf
Then descend into that directory
# cd <mail directory>
Then look into the mailbox file to verify that the mail *really* was not delivered
# less <mail file>
and carefully examine if the missed mail cannot be found there.

There is also a chance that the mail has been downloaded and removed from the mailbox by a POP3 client, so that you don't see it in the mailbox on the server. That client could have auto-deleted it as spam or moved it into a spam folder.

Back