• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Input Plesk Obsidian 18.0.32 Update #1

emily2015

New Pleskian
Hi,

P.S. I think I posted in the wrong section, I have Plesk Obsidian 18.0.32 Update #1 .

I am migrating a bunch of websites from CentOS6 Plesk to CentOS7 Plesk and ran into an odd issue.

I can't send emails using the sendmail postfix wrapper to any addresses under local (i.e. hosted) domains in Plesk. There is no issue when using a proper email setup in email clients etc, it's only affecting "sendmail -t" type calls.

I have everything obvious configured. A proper domain, rDNS, full domain in the hosts file etc... I can run "sendmail -t" to craft a manual email and send to an external GMail address with no issues. If I run with "-v" flag, it does deliver a Mail Delivery Report with "Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery via plesk_virtual: delivered via
plesk_virtual service". But no email comes through.

Everything else works perfectly.

It doesn't help that I am not that skilled in postfix administration and only know how to manually configure sendmail servers. I am probably missing something obvious.

I didn't have this issue in CentOS6 where it worked from the get go and I didn't need to fiddle with anything.

it's a big issue as I have custom CGI applications that send emails using sendmail system pipe calls.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,
D

Mail Delivery Report with "Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery via plesk_virtual: delivered via
plesk_virtual service". But no email comes through.
I don't think it is possible that a successful delivery is logged while the actually delivery did not take place.
Identify where your mailbox content is stored:
# grep PLESK_MAILNAMES_D /etc/psa/psa.conf
Then descend into that directory
# cd <mail directory>
Then look into the mailbox file to verify that the mail *really* was not delivered
# less <mail file>
and carefully examine if the missed mail cannot be found there.

There is also a chance that the mail has been downloaded and removed from the mailbox by a POP3 client, so that you don't see it in the mailbox on the server. That client could have auto-deleted it as spam or moved it into a spam folder.

Back