• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Odin firewall issue

acanthus

New Pleskian
Hello,

My plesk version is: Plesk v12.0.18_build1200140811.16 os_CentOS 7

Everyday at some point it seems like Firewall just stops working for some reason...

I have some custom rules for FTP PASV like Allow incoming from all on port 1024-1050/tcp and for SSH to allow a connection from certain IPs. Those rules just stop working at some point during the day and everything goes back to normal if I do a systemctl restart psa-firewall.

Any ideas?

BR

Hello,
How did you create iptables rules? Through Plesk panel or manually by changing iptables?
Are you sure there is nothing in crontab or other scheduled tasks that can reset iptables in the system?
Take a look at syslog to figure out what causes this behavior.
If you can't find why iptables reset all rules, in /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config the are two following fields:

IPTABLES_SAVE_ON_STOP="no"
IPTABLES_SAVE_ON_RESTART="no"

You can also try to change both them to "yes", but BE CAREFUL in case if you access the server remotely and don't have a direct connection!

1. Plesk panel. There are no custom scheduled tasks at all. Which log do I check?

2. What's the point in that? The rules seem to be saved since they work when I do a firewall restart?

Back