• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk on openvz and more than 200 domains

G

grnserveis

Good morning,

Our installation of plesk on openVZ, (whole avalaible for a single installation of plesk) is hitting every couple of days the privvmpages value.

For the values of the .conf file I used "vzsplit -n 1" to be sure that the values where adecuate to our machine.

I would like to know if there are issues with 8.2.1 and more than 200 domains consuming excessive resources.
Or if I should look more into openvz side ...

Thanks in advance

This probably doesnt has to do anything with Plesk or your OpenVZ.

200 domains is allot, specially for a VPS. Unless they are all just domains with 1 single HTML page i dont think a VPS will handle 200 domains. Unless you have a very powerfull VPS.
You should upgrade to a dedicated server.

We dont run more then 150 domains even in servers with 4 GB or RAM just to avoid problems. I cant imagine how you run 200 domains in a VPS.

Plesk 8.2 alone with not a single domain installed already takes 256 RAM. I have tested this on several new boxes and VPS. It ranges from 240 to 260 RAM with not a 1 domain in.

You will need 256 RAM for every 100 sites you add to Plesk. That is what plesk needs. Not the domains. The services like Mysq, Apache, etc they all need ram as well. Not to mention if you have domains with allot of traffic.

Back