• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk Onyx 17.xx - php.ini requires bytes instead of megabytess

Haecki

New Pleskian
Hello,
to manipulate the upload file size for plesk I changed in plesk's php.ini the post_max_filesize and upload_max_filesize parameter to 256M, unfortunately is then no longer possible in plesk's own FileManager, but I set the value to 268435456 the upload, according to php documentation Data in megabytes with M and Gigabyte with G are allowed.

Is this a bug in Plesk's FileManager or is the byte writing method absolutely necessary?

I cannot answer your question but I would like to bring to your attention that a POST upload size of 256 MB is way out of the ordinary and will most likely not work. A PHP timeout will occur before the POST can be finished, the total POST length that the web server processes will not allow an upload like that and if some way along the upload process it takes a little bit too much time for a data packet to be transmitted, upload will fail altogether - in the extrem after the user has waited an hour or two already for it to be completed. Feel free to enter whatever you like, but normally files that size should be transferred using asynchronous upload methods or FTP.