• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Plesk panel cannot change hosting settings while restore process is running

M

MSmartm

Hello,

I have already described the problem in Plesk9 topic and I have to repeat my question in this Plesk10 branch.
The question is: has the problem with plesk websrvmng.exe utility been already fixed in this new PLesk 10 release or not? It was not fixed in Plesk10 Marketing preview release in August, what about November Release?

The problem description in details could be found here:
http://forum.parallels.com/showpost.php?p=419461&postcount=15

IgorG promised to send this to developers, so developers are already aware of this. Unfortunately, we have not found any info about the problem fix in Plesk 10 Release notes. I am afraid the problem still there.

The problem is way to important for our business. IgorG, could you please make dedicated request into development team and get any updates about current status of the problem.

Thanks,
Msmartm

As far as I know problem still under developer's investigation.
I have increased priority of submitted request and I hope it will be fixed soon.

Thanks for the update, we are waiting for the fix. Hope it will be released soon

Attached fixed websrvmng.exe for 9.5.3.

Attachments

• websrvmng.exe.953.zip
    636 KB · Views: 73
Thank you for this update. I have checked the new websrvmng.exe release and can confirm that the problem has been fixed.

I have win2008 server with Plesk 9.5.3 that has about 80 domain now. I started websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-all and tried to enable php on a domain - another websrvmng.exe has started and did its job fine despite websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-all process was still in progress.

I noticed several exceptions raised but these are not critical - the process completed its work successfully:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin>websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-all

External component has thrown an exception.
In IIS7NativeProvider module
Exception type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException
at _CxxThrowException(Void* , _s__ThrowInfo* )
at ServerManagerFactory.commit()
at IIS7ServerManager.commit(IIS7ServerManager* )

I can say that this is rather better than crash of running "websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-all" process when I click on change php version of a domain in initial plesk9.5.3.

It seems that backup/restore issue has been solved - there is no any lock on IIS objects caused by long running websrvmng.exe process.

Please release such updates for 9.3.0 and 9.5.2 plesk as well.

Thank you for the effort. We appreciate this.
MSmart

Hello IgorG,

Parallels has released two new versions of Plesk: these are 9.5.3 and 9.5.4 and there are a number of bug fixes and improvements into 9.5.3 version applied, including fix of plesk slowness while backup/restore processes are running in the background issue. We have 9.5.3 in production on our server for a month, it looks good. According to release notes "plesk slowness" fix already included into 9.5.4(as derivated from 9.5.3), but it seems that it is not. We noticed this in 9.5.4 version we have installed on another our server in last Saturday(updated from 9.3.0).

We have tested 9.5.4 on a server with many domains: while websrvmng.exe is running by backup process another websrvmng.exe started by plesk in order to update a domain hosting settings just hangs.

Could you please ask developers to double check "plesk slowness" fix is included into 9.5.4 and issue updated websrvmng.exe for 9.5.4 version (strange but "plesk slowness" fix was not included in 9.5.4 release)?
Also please ask them to commit these changes into main code repository in order to make sure this fix will be included into next release.

Thanks
MSmart

According to developers you can use patched 9.5.3 version of websrvmng for Plesk 9.5.4 version.

According to developers you can use patched 9.5.3 version of websrvmng for Plesk 9.5.4 version.

IgorG, we have already tried this hint. We have used the file websrvmng.exe 9.5.3 you provided earlier to test this hint using the following steps:
1. We start full server backup.
2. We open test domain web hosting settings and try to change asp.net version, for example.

This test gave negative result - the websrvmng process started earlier had blocked IIS and the next websrvmng process was hanging in queue. We have informed you about it.

Today we received your message and decided to double test this. We have even taken new 9.5.3 version attached to this KB article:
http://kb.odin.com/en/9563

During this second test we were able to reproduce lock while backup process is running:

websrvmng.exe websrvmng.exe 86896 6.25 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\/admin/bin/websrvmng" --reconfigure-vhost "--vhost-name=test.com" "--config=<update context=\"domain\"><scripts><aspdotnet/></scripts></update>" 343,420 K 32-bit
websrvmng.exe websrvmng.exe 79796 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\websrvmng" --list-vhosts-vdirs "--vhost-names=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\PrivateTemp\tmp8703.tmp" "--output-file=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\PrivateTemp\tmp38703.tmp" 6,596 K 32-bit

As far as you can see the process 79796 is hanging while the process with PID 86896 is working (CPU usage 6.25).

But, when "websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-all" is running IIS is not locked. Other websrvmng processes started along with "reconfigure-all" one show CPU activity and performing their job. Unfortunately, these websrvmng processes cannot finish their job successfully. For example:

1. While "websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-all" is running we change aspnet version for a domain via Plesk. Plesk is starting show "working page", websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=test.com appears in process list. Both processes are showing CPU activity. But after a while this "reconfigure-vhost" process dies with the following error:

Error: Unable to update hosting preferences: Unable to reconfigure Web server: websrvmng failed: External component has thrown an exception.

2. While "websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-all" is running we start to create new domain. websrvmng --add-domain "--domain-name=mstest.com" fails with the following error message:

Failed domain creation: Unable to update domain data: Execute websrvmng --add-domain "--domain-name=mstest.com" failed: External component has thrown an exception.
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: DomainPropertiesUIPointer.php:284
DomainPropertiesUIPointer->accessItem_create(string 'POST')
1: DomainPropertiesUIPointer.php:62
DomainPropertiesUIPointer->accessItem(string 'POST', NULL null)
2: UIPointer.php:601
UIPointer->access(string 'POST')
3: plesk.php:43

So, in general, 9.5.3 binary doesn't work properly once installed in plesk 9.5.4.

As I stated in my post dated "Dec 2, 2010, 03:21 PM" we cannot reproduce these errors on plesk running 9.5.3 with patched websrvmng.exe

Please let the developers know about these issues and ask to release special patched websrvmng.exe for 9.5.4.

Thanks,
MSmart

MSmart,

As I see you have tested the same custom fix on 9.5.3 and 9.5.4 for a few servers - could you please provide me IIS version for each case?

Hello

MSmart,

As I see you have tested the same custom fix on 9.5.3 and 9.5.4 for a few servers - could you please provide me IIS version for each case?

Thank you for the question. I really didn't pay attention to the fact that both 9.5.3 that are working with fixed websrvmng are w2k8R2 with IIS7.5. It explains the problems with implementing fixed websrvmng.exe v.9.5.3 on 9.5.4 plesk that is installed on w2k3SP2 server with IIS7.

Please help.

Thanks

MSmart,

Developers have requested your help. Could you please provide us with file output.txt after following command on server where you have ~600 domains:

websrvmng --list-vhosts-vdirs "--vhost-names=C:\input.txt" "--output-file=c:\output.txt"

where C:\input.txt - list of all domains on server.
It will help to fix problem quickly.
Thank you.

Hello IgorG,

I have sent you the requested info in private message.

Please let me know.

Thanks
MSmart

Hello IgorG,

any news from developers?

What futher version will have bugfixes we discussed here completely built-in? 10.0.2 or 9.6? We want to avoid 9.5->10.0.2 upgrade and choose proper plesk branch now.

We are going to migrate many domains from small plesk for windows 7.x and 8.x servers to a single plesk server and wondering what plesk version to choose. In summer 2010 we choosed plesk 8.6 to handle this bunch of domains on a single server. Plesk8.6 is the best for this but we have issues with ColdFusion capacity and IIS 6.0 itself

During this conversation you helped us to fix most plesk 9.5 issues with many domains operatoins. But you said further issues (like ftpmng --reconfigure-all after an ftp accout pasword update) will be fixed in 10.0.2.

Please let us know. It is important for our business.

Thanks
Msmart

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same issue running on a windows 2008 server.
Failed domain creation: Unable to update domain data: Execute websrvmng --add-domain "--domain-name=xxxxxx.net" failed: External component has thrown an exception.
at ServerManagerFactory.getHttpRedirectSection(String location)
at IIS7ServerManager.getSitesInfo(IIS7ServerManager* , list<WebSiteInfo\,std::allocator<WebSiteInfo> >* sitesInfo)
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: DomainPropertiesUIPointer.php:284
DomainPropertiesUIPointer->accessItem_create(string 'POST')
1: DomainPropertiesUIPointer.php:62
DomainPropertiesUIPointer->accessItem(string 'POST', NULL null)
2: UIPointer.php:601
UIPointer->access(string 'POST')
3: plesk.php:43

And doing what was listed here, and what was listed on http://forum.parallels.com/showpost.php?p=430273&postcount=5 didn't help either... this is really fustrating. I have plesk version 9.5.4 any other suggestions?

It seems that you have placed "fixed websrvmng.exe for 9.5.3. " that had been attached somewhere in this thread. I ahd the same problem when I replace websrvmng.exe with fixed one that allows multiple simultaneous access to edit IIS metabase file. I have about 1000 domains so it is an issue when many customers tries to reconfigure their websites.

My suggestions: please turn down plesk control panel interface and run websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-all

Thanks
MSmart

Great news from Parallels!

plesk_agent_manager.exe plesk_agent_manager.exe 3944 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\plesk_agent_manager.exe" server --for-conflicts "--session-path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\PMM\rsessions\20110625065522417"
php.exe php.exe 6864 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\php.exe" -q -dauto_prepend_file="" -c "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\php.ini" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\cu\aps.php" --get-web-space-instances 125

It means that plesk from now resolving conflicts with its own dedicated resolver! It doesn't use websrvmng.exe any more for this purposes!

I am so happy with this!

Thanks
MSmart

Back