• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Plesk Panel problems when adding/changing a domain

J

Jeroen Craaikamp

L.s.,

I run a server with 50 domains using Plesk for Windows 9.2, IIS 6, BIND DNS Server 9.4.2-P2-W2 and PleskDB on MS-SQL-2000 (i.e. not in MySQL).

I have been trying to fix an issue with performance but i'm stuck.

SYMPTOMS:

Slow performance (up to 10 minutes) when modifying DNS settings for a domain
Can not add domains, this takes so long that it either times out or it only partly executes (e.g. w/o creating vhost directory) before Plesk Mngt Service hangs itself.
The domains that I recently added via Plesk Panel can be browsed directly from within IIS Mngr but can not be reached via its Domain names.
Routing to old Domains work fine.

WHAT I HAVE TRIED SO FAR:

1) Ran command line "defpackagemng --fix --type=dnsserver" (this runs for an hour. Then the psa pipe breaks and the program terminates with errorcode 2).

2) Tried to swith to Microsoft DNS Server 5.2.3790.3161 via DNS Server selection option in Control Panel. This fails, the error I get is license is expired. (which is not the case)

3) Ran Plesk "Repair Installation" on the Plesk Services

4) Rebooted Server

Does anybody have any tips what else i can do?

Thanks,

Jeroen van Craaikamp
Info@<nospam>ShareIT.nu

Back