• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Plesk Panel too Slow

Anoop

Regular Pleskian
Plesk Panel is too slow. Takes more than 10 minutes to load page. one month server traffic is below 30 GB. so please help me to fix it.

@IgorG On my server, I can observe a similar behavior on some pages of the panel. Main issues are the overview pages of Subscriptions > [subscription name] when a subscription has more than just a few (sub)domains. Interestingly, changing the view does not change a lot.

In some rare occasions we have observed that a restart of Plesk services on the machine is necessary. Maybe the issue can be resolved by running
# service psa stopall
wait until all are stopped, then
# service psa start
to restart. Don't go for the "restart" parameter. It should be the same, but from my experience at least it makes a difference in memory and process management to run the two commands instead of one if a service is suffering hickups.

In some rare occasions we have observed that a restart of Plesk services on the machine is necessary. Maybe the issue can be resolved by running
# service psa stopall
wait until all are stopped, then
# service psa start
to restart. Don't go for the "restart" parameter. It should be the same, but from my experience at least it makes a difference in memory and process management to run the two commands instead of one if a service is suffering hickups.

I think I once had success with restarting sw-engine. Just tried it with your approach but without success. What is interesting: Once the overview (in total 24 items consisting of domains and subdomains) has loaded, reloading works well.

In many (not all) instances, it can be due to high I/O loads that have a detrimental effect on services. What is the result of a # top command?

In many (not all) instances, it can be due to high I/O loads that have a detrimental effect on services. What is the result of a # top command?

While the page (https://<serveraddress>/admin/subscription/overview/id/<subscription_id>) is loading, iotop shows a high usage % for "sw-engine-fpm: pool plesk".

When you have high I/O activity in the disk subsystem, even small to medium tasks such as the Plesk SW engine will pop; Plesk itself isn't particularly a high load ecosystem so it might be worth looking at other services that may be affecting the I/O numbers.

Well, while there are some small tasks every now and then, the majority of time it look like this:

Code:
Total DISK READ :     245.77 K/s | Total DISK WRITE :      15.60 K/s
Actual DISK READ:     245.77 K/s | Actual DISK WRITE:      46.81 K/s
  TID  PRIO  USER     DISK READ  DISK WRITE  SWAPIN     IO>    COMMAND                                                 
28427 be/4 psaadm    245.77 K/s    0.00 B/s  0.00 % 99.99 % sw-engine-fpm: pool plesk
  556 be/3 root        0.00 B/s   15.60 K/s  0.00 %  9.36 % [jbd2/sda3-8]
25804 be/4 root        0.00 B/s    0.00 B/s  0.00 %  0.02 % [kworker/u4:2]
18432 be/4 root        0.00 B/s    0.00 B/s  0.00 %  0.00 % python2 /usr/bin/fail2ban-server -xf start
    1 be/4 root        0.00 B/s    0.00 B/s  0.00 %  0.00 % init
    2 be/4 root        0.00 B/s    0.00 B/s  0.00 %  0.00 % [kthreadd]
    3 be/4 root        0.00 B/s    0.00 B/s  0.00 %  0.00 % [ksoftirqd/0]

Just now I wanted to open a subscription with 5 domains and it took more than 2 minutes.

Back