• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk panel will not run after php upgrade

A

Ari K

I hope someone can shed some light here,

Upgraded to PHP 5.3, plesk login page now displays

"The file index.php is part of Plesk distribution. It cannot be run outside of Plesk environment."

My understanding is that this is caused either by a bad license file (doubtful, since everything worked fine before php upgrade), or else plesk does not like the php environment.

I copied php.ini settings as closely as possible from the original PleskPHP5 directory.

I installed php 5.3 using php.net binary installer into a new directory, then updated php.ini to get it working under iis using fastcgi, then updated php.ini with settings as per plesk php config.

Something is still off. Is anyone able to help me get plesk control panel back up and running -- Thanks... In the meantime I may try re-installing the license... not sure what else to try...??

Thanks flagg,

When I use the command

%plesk_bin%\reconfigurator.exe --switch-plesk-web-server --new-provider=apache

The error message changes to

"The file auth.php3 is part of Plesk distribution. It cannot be run outside of Plesk environment."

When I switch back to iis, it shows the same message about index.php (as in original post).

Of course both times it is served via IIS, as I have not installed Apache on this server.
I am running IIS7 on Windows Web Server 2008 OS.

Please advise, how to troubleshoot this issue, thanks very much.

You cannot update the version of PHP that plesk CP uses. Only modify the PHP versions within %plesk_dir%\additional

If this update is for PCI compliance consider adding "expose_php = Off" to %plesk_dir%\admin\php.ini

Thanks james, nice for someone to just come out and say it. I've found all kinds of conflicting statements on these forums. I will not try to fathom why plesk cannot run on normal php binaries.

Is it possible to install new versions in the /additional folder and have them appear in plesk CP?

Back