• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Pre-Sales Questions

D

Dam0

Hi, couldn't see a pre-sales forum so I'll have a stab at posting a few questions here.

I've personally used Plesk for a while so I'm familiar with the basic functionality.

I'm a PM for a software company, we have a product which is web based which currently we sell to our customers as a on-site install. We want to expand and offer this as a on-line subscription service where our customers can sign-up and use the website service in our hosted environment.

The web service is fairly simple, its .Net ASP with an SQL back end. It's configuration is based on the settings in a web.config file. It writes files to a folder structure when a user performs a certain action but most activities are performed in the SQL environment via stored procedures.
The entire service deployment can be restricted to a single website.

Having used Plesk as a web host, I'm aware that it has the ability to create websites in IIS when a new user signs up and assign default settings too them.. etc.. etc..

However can we use Plesk or another Parallels product to automate the installation and setup of our new online web service when a customer signs up for a hosting 'subscription'.
This will need to cover the installation of files and folders following a pre-defined layout, setting of permissions on a number of folders, customization of certain IIS settings; such as allowing the HTTP verb 'PUT' on certain folders, creation of an SQL database and population of data from Plesk (username / password for login for example) and the update of settings in a web.config file.

The customer isn't going to use the web hosting / email / FTP etc.. elements at all, only our service.

So, can plesk or another offering be configured to handle this?

Regards,

Damo

Back