• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk prevents me from upgrading php 5.1 to 5.3 or higher

matteosistisette

New Pleskian
I have CentOS 5.9 with Plesk 9.5 and it has PHP 5.1

Now php 5.1 can't be simply upgraded to 5.3 with yum update because php starting from 5.3 is a different package, "php53" (while php 5.1 is just "php").

But I can't install the package php53 without uninstalling php 5.1 because they conflict:
php53-common conflicts with php-common

So I should first uninstall the php package (php 5.1).
BUT I can't because plesk depends on it, so if I uninstall php I will be forced to uninstall Plesk.

So how do I upgrade php to 5.3 while keeping plesk?

Thanks
m.

Nope. That's about upgrading php 5.3 provided that you already have 5.3 installed. At least that's what it says.
I'm talking about upgrading TO php 5.3, that is, uninstalling 5.1 and installing 5.3 or 5.4 (since upgrading isn't possible).

Try installing and using the atomic repository, it will allow you to upgrade php really easily and provide a lot of great packages.

Thanks, how should I upgrade php after installing that? I guess it's a matter of yum-updating php, but maybe I have to be careful not forgetting to update some other package too?
If something goes wrong, will I be able to revert the changes easily?

Hi,

You should be able to just use yum

yum upgrade php

and there is also the downgrade that yum can do too.

Back