• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Reinstallation

F

fox80129

Hi,
I need to reinstall Plesk 7 in order to solve a problem (domains can't be add or delete from plesk).
Someone know if i'll lose all the domains and other stuffs reinstalling it?

Originally posted by fox80129
Hi,
I need to reinstall Plesk 7 in order to solve a problem (domains can't be add or delete from plesk).
Someone know if i'll lose all the domains and other stuffs reinstalling it?
In some cases it won't help you. It would be better if you describe problem simptoms, error messages etc. If you have problem with mail boxes configurations, with IIS settings etc, you could repair issue with some other tools. Reinstallation is not a good solution.
Please post some additional information here.

The matter is i can't add or delete domains.
When i try to do that i get alway an error: COM error 80070003 " The System cannot find the path specified"
:(

Usually it means that some of folders used in IIS by Plesk doesn't exist. Possible, some virtual server is configured to map virtual folder to file system real folder/ But real folder either does not exist or has same name to some already existing virtual folder. May be it is another problem. It takes some investigations.
You can either ask Plesk support to solve problem and send them your server access information or try to find missing folder yourself. Possible, special utility 'file monitor' will help you to understand problem. It can be downloaded from sysinternals.com
You can ask Plesk support to solve problem, send them problem description, including reference to this thread and one of engineers will try to help you.

Best regards.

Now i get another error to: "Can't create mail domain.mailmng failed. Run-time error : meapo.postoffice.addpostoffice failed"
If i try to reinstall will i lose something?

I reinstalled it but now doesn't work.
I get this error:
Unable to reconfigure web server: websrvmng failed: COM Error 80070003( The system cannot find the path specified.) at reload at (WebServerAdapter::reload line 1455) at execute console command --reconfigure-all(vconsoleapp::start line 124) at execute C:\PROGRA~1\SWsoft\Plesk/admin/bin/websrvmng "--reconfigure-all"(vconsoleapp::run line 134)
What can i do?

Ok..now works but i've the same problem.
Can't add domains. :(

When you say reinstalling iam assuming you mean from scratch ?

if thats what you ment did the reinstall keep all exsisting domains and databases ?

Iam about to try the reinstall from scratch method I just want to make sure it keeps all the customers domains, databases and login details....

Anyone have any tips on this ?

its a long story of problems and at this stage its move to different system or try this as a last resort :(

EDIT: Sorry wrong forum its Plesk 7.5.2

Back