• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk report wrong disk usage

elnath78

New Pleskian
I have set plesk to send e-mail warning upon reaching 250 MB of disk usage. A few days ago I got a report of subscription to have reached 334 MB of course this is not the case, if I sum the database, mailboxes and root space it won't ever reach the 250 MB quota.

I have read there is a bug for wrong measurement when the logs folder is missing, but this is not the case. I also read it can be due to web users being calculated twice, but I don't see any web_users folder under my httpdocs folder.

References:
Disk usage is not calculated correctly if domain logs directory is missing
Disk usage by "Web" is calculated incorrectly, if the domain has web users

Make sure that in Tools&Settings->Server Settings you have not enabled "domain backup files" for "Include in the disk space usage calculation".

Your answer ringed a bell, I checked if there were any backup leftovers from plesk and I was right! The domains in question had a backup dated 30 june, the curious thing is no backup is scheduled, also all the website hosted have a backup generated with the same date, how could you explain this? Is it intended by plesk in some case?

Back