• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk restore doesn't work on new server

T

Toepes

Server is Windows 2003, with plesk 7.6.1 installed. MSSQL and MYSQL

As this server must be replaced with a new one i took a backup, downloaded it an try to install it on the new server. Also an windows 2003 server, plesk 7.6.1 MSSQL and MYSQL

When i do the restore without any domain, everything works fine, i can change the passwords for MSSQL and MYSQL admin.

Now i restore a domain with no database, still everything works fine.. Problem starts when i try to restore a domain with one ore more databases. I get the error that the databases cannot be restored because the password is not correct.
I logged in as administrator, and i am 100% sure that the passwords for SA and ADMIN are the same

After restoring a domain with a database, i notice in plesk that it cannot connect to MYSQL as the password is wrong.

"Failed to connect to database access denied for user admin@localhost using password Yes

I really need some help as the server must be brought back to the datacenter.

This problem occurs when Plesk connection to MySQL server, which is used for clients’ databases storing, has gotten misconfigured. To configure it back you need perform the following steps:

1. Edit MySQL configuration file my.ini located within %plesk_dir%databases\mysql\data.
2. Add parameter skip-grant-tables into the [MySQLD] section.
3. Restart SQL Server.
4. Log into MySQL.

%plesk_dir%\mysql\bin\mysql.exe mysql
5. Execute the following query:

mysql> update user set password=password('current_password') where user='admin';
6. Remove skip-grant-tables from within the [MySQLD] section within

%plesk_dir%\databases\mysql\data\my.ini
7. Restart SQL Server.

Where `current_password` is the password for admin in client’s MySQL which is stored in Plesk. It is used by Plesk to control client’s MySQL server. If you do know what is the current password you can fetch it from Plesk database using this query:

%plesk_dir%\mysql\bin\mysql -uadmin -p`pleskadmin_password` -P8306 psa
mysql> select val from misc where param=’mysql_admin_passwd’;

Back