• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue "plesk sbin mail_auth_view" does not show capital letter of email address

nethubonline

Regular Pleskian
Hi all,

Usually we help users for email login, we use "plesk sbin mail_auth_view" for verify user's username & password, and sometimes we use it to login for testing.

We found that "plesk sbin mail_auth_view" only shows email addresses in small letter (e.g. [email protected]) even the user create it with capital letter (e.g. [email protected]), since email username and password are case sensitive, so that we failed to login many times and do not know what's wrong until we check it via Plesk web interface.

Since the command is "mail_auth_view", I think it should show the correct auth user to the admin, is there any way to get the "correct" username and password?

My first impression is that this is a bug and I suggest reporting it as such.

The local part of the email address is indeed case sensitive, only the domain part isn't (as per RFC 5322 and RFC 5321).

Even if Plesk perhaps enforces an entirely lowercase email address (including the local part), it should enforce it everywhere consistently. If it doesn't enforce it, then the actual character case information should be presented everywhere, including when using the 'mail_auth_view' command.

Last edited:
I have just re-read what I said and I don't know why I complicated the matter so much. Plesk does not enforce a lowercase local part of an email address, so this is clearly a bug. I have edited my original answer to better reflect this.

I see you've reported it, great. I hope this gets addressed soon, perhaps in one of the minor updates.

Last edited:
Back