1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk Server Upgrade Recommendations

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by amandler, Sep 1, 2009.

1. amandler

amandler Basic Pleskian

57%
    I am running Plesk 8.6 with about 150 domains on Ubuntu 6.06 LT. All is working well. However, I need to move to a new server both for storage space and to upgrade CPUs. I would like to upgrade to the current version 9 of Plesk as well in the process. I also plan to move to a current version of Ubuntu server.

What is the best route to do this? Do I upgrade 8.6 on the old server first, then backup and restore all to a new server? Or is it better to install the current version of Plesk on a new server and use the Migration Manager to move everything over? I would love to hear from anyone who has done a similar upgrade lately and has suggestions, warnings and encouragement.

Many thanks.