• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk shows login instead of default page when connecting with HTTPS

Mattia_98

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have been experiencing a problem with Plesk Obsidian since installation where when I connect via a non-configured domain via HTTPS instead of getting the default page like when connecting via HTTP, I get the Plesk login page. If I connect via HTTP it shows the default page as expected.
It's pretty important since we use a HSTS protected domain so when customers type a URL wrong, they get to the Plesk login page.

Any ideas?

Regards
-Mattia

It is a new feature in Obsidian. Whereas before you had to go to whatever.hostname.com:8443 to get to the login, in Obsidian you get the login page if you just go to ( https:// ) whatever.hostname.com ( ;443 ) . It has a higher priority then the default vhost.

Can't find the Plesk page where it is explained right now, but seen it very recently as we had to deal with the matter.
Good news: you can undo that behaviour.

Will post the plesk page when i find it.

EDIT: How to make Plesk interface accessible over a hostname without entering the port number

Last edited:
Great! Thank you very much.
I guess this should be off by default since this could be a big problem for people that have an HSTS enabled wildcard domain pointing to their server. But at least you can turn it off.
Hopefully anyone with the same problem as me will be able to find this forum post ;)

Regards
-Mattia

Back