• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Support and Bad Gateway

Simon_Parr

New Pleskian
We are a fairly new client of Plesk and had a case open with Plesk regarding a BadGateway/DNS Issue - the case has been closed as we thought it had been resolved - but the issue has re-emerged.
We can no longer raise support cases with Plesk and I cannot find a way to ask why ?
Does our monthly subscription not provide any access to ongoing support ?

My Issue is regarding migration of WordPress websites and steps to reproduce are below:

Typical WordPress Migration Scenario

Many sites are developed away from the main hosting environment and are migrated into the Production host on go live. The sites are developed on a test domain. At go live, edits have to be made to update links from the development url to the production url.

Steps to migrate.
Site is developed on test domain (we use a subdomain of pulsemonitoring.com.au)
mytestdomain.pulsemonitoring.com.au

Once a site is ready to go live we create a blank WordPress site on the live domain.
MyLivedomain.com.au
The files are copied
from mytestdomain.pulsemonitoring.com.au
to MyLivedomain.com.au

The DB is exported
From mytestdomain.pulsemonitoring.com.au

The DB is imported
To MyLivedomain.com.au

The wp-config.php file is checked for correct DB Logon info.
The site URL’s are incorrect, but wordpress can be made to resolve URL’s to variables by adding the following to the wp-config.php and generally the site begins to work.
define('WP_SITEURL', 'http://' . $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']);
define('WP_HOME', 'http://' . $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']);D
To tidy up the rest of the URL’s in the DB, we use a plugin that replaces old url’s for new url’s across the DB tables.

We have used this procedure on our existing IIS host and generally had very few migration issues.

In testing PLEX, as soon as I add the URL Variables (***) above we get a Bad Gateway error

Hi Simon_Parr,

please consider to read and follow the official wordpress recommendations:

We can no longer raise support cases with Plesk and I cannot find a way to ask why ?
Does our monthly subscription not provide any access to ongoing support ?

Please consider to read Odin's support documentations ( http://www.odin.com/support/ - Support Guides ), to inform yourself about your support features depending to your Plesk licence.

Hi Simon_Parr,

sorry, but you only seem to read and modify the first part, while you keep ignoring the rest of the documention/recommendations.

As well, often enough, plugins are the cause of a "Bad Gateway" error. Please investigate your domain - specific error logs, in order to find issues or disable all plugins and switch on one after the other, so see which plugin should be adjusted.

Keep in mind as well, that different PHP versions, or diefferent PHP - handler may cause issues, if you don't adjust rewrites ( .htaccess - files / additional nginx rewrites definitions ). Again, your logs may point to the issue(s).

Back