• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

plesk update went wrong

ASD_auz

New Pleskian
Hi,

I tried to update my plesk 12 to 12.5 the upgrade failed but it seems, the databases got already modified but some package installation failed. The admin panel was broken. After login some SQL errors are thrown out.
Because its already broken I tried also to upgrade by old debian 6 to 8. I think this is ok now.
Then reinstalled plesk via "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --all-versions" then I restored the database backup wich also gives me some warnings and errors. As far as i can see, I sorted out all errors what are shown but still mail and webservers not working.

Is there someone available who can help to sort this out (maybe in german). Dont hate me if I broke it...

Or must I do a complete server restore to have a working but again debian6+plesk12 old server? is there a step my step instruction for updating this combination to a actual stage available

Regards
David

Hi Lloyd,

thanks for your reply. nop I didnt read anything...:( thanks to pointing me to this document. I think I should restore the old state and start with this doc... or do you see any chance to repair the current mess?

Regards
David

Hi David,
no problem, I would say given that a dist-upgrade from Debian 6 straight to 8 isn't a supported upgrade path, you'd be better off restoring to the old state - Debian 6+Plesk 12 and upgrade to Debian 7 and then 8, but saying that, I haven't seen any logs or anything so I'm not sure how bad it is, you can post some logs or start a conversation with me and I'll take a look if you want.
Regards

Lloyd

Thanks for the offer. I started already the restore to have a clean start. and then I will follow the upgradeguide.
I'm with you.. debian 6 to 8 directly is not o good idea. i never tried it but the last time at some different system and also on this problem system i did 6 -> 7 -> 8 wich looks good.

the restore is running over a realy thin DSL line... will take some hours, hopefully not days!

Back