• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved Plesk Updates and Upgrades Certificate invalid

Matthl

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

chrome is telling me my plesk admin interface certificate is invalid: "NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID" when i klick on "Updates and Upgrades under Tools and Settings". - Tested after writing the thread: Safari also thinks the certificate is invalid.

The certificate works well for the plesk admin interface. It's secured with a valid let's encrypt certificate, issued for the vps host name in Tools & Settings - SSL/TLS Certificates.
It only happens when i click "Updates and Upgrades" in "Tools and Settings" to open the Plesk installer. I have to confirm the invalid Certificate to continue and it works, then. One or two times it asked for the root Password to proceed.

Is this normal behaviour and i never noticed? Can i solve this somehow? Don't know where to start.

Using:
Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 #43 web admin edition
Debian 8.10

Matthl

Today evening the "Updates and Upgrades" Page shows a valid certificate again. Don't know what the cause was.

Back