• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved I can't renew my plesk onyx interface SSL certificate.

Rendor9

New Pleskian
Hi boys! please help! Sorry for bringing up ssl plesk again, but I can't find anything similar on the forums.

Problem:

My main domain server works fine with the ssl certificate but the plesk interface does not recognise the certificate.
It was working fine for two years and suddenly it doesn't anymore.

https://mydomain.net/ (all ok here)

I can't reinstall the ssl certificate on the plesk panel interface:

Tools & Settings > SSL/TLS Certificates > Lets Encrypt

and plesk shows this error:

https://mydomain.net:8443/login_up.php , shows this error:

-------------------------------
NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID
Issuer: R3
Expires on: 15 May 2023
Current date: 28 May 2023
------------------------------

Check, In 'Hosting Settings' I have the same domain mydomain.net, so, I have followed these instructions with Let's Encrypt,

How-to-secure-a-Plesk-hostname-on-port-8443-with-an-SSL-certificate

but the certificate does not install, and ALWAYS REMAINS THE PREVIOUS ONE, that has already expired (Expires on: 15 May 2023)

I even tried with a subdomain like myplesk.mydomain.net (with the dns ok), but that didn't work either.

Any idea how to renew the certificate with plesk or terminal?

Thanks!! be well!!

Can a Let's Encrypt certificate not be installed at all on the host? Or was it created and is shown in the list ov installed certificates, but has not yet been selected as the default certificate? Or has it been installed, shows in the list, has been selected as the default certificate but not yet been selected as the certificate for protecting the host and mail services? Or has all of that been done, showing correctly, but when you login/logout the browser still shows the old R3 certificate when you click on the security badge in the browser's URL line?

HI Peter! Thanks for your help but the error still persists . I have correctly installed the certificate for plesk and email server, it appears in the list, I have selected it as default, but when I load again the plesk url avoiding the cache (ctrl + F5), the certificate error still appears. I don't know why it is not recognized. Please, look at this image, the last certificate of the list. The strange thing was that it was working fine, it is not a new server... any approach? Where it says "used" appears 0, that is, the certificate is there but not used.

Attachments

• certificate1.png
    certificate1.png
    80.1 KB · Views: 11
One reason for this symptom can be that the sw-cp-server process is hung. Please try to do this:

1) Login to the shell and escalate privileges to root.

2) List the sw-cp-server processes
Code:
# ps ax | grep sw-cp | grep -v grep
should output something like
Code:
18183 ? Ss 0:00 sw-cp-server: master process /usr/sbin/sw-cp-serverd -c /etc/sw-cp-server/config
18185 ? S 16:18 sw-cp-server: worker process

3) Remove these two sw-cp-server processes
Code:
# kill -9 18183
# kill -9 18185
(Please use the PIDs from your individual output of step (2).)

4) Restart sw-cp-server service
Code:
# service sw-cp-server restart
should output
Code:
Starting sw-cp-serverd: [ OK ]

Then reload the Plesk GUI page.

Back