• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk upgrade problems

spaceout

Basic Pleskian
I've been using Plesk now since version 5 now and although I don't seem to experience many of the really bad bugs I've read about during the upgrade process, there are a couple that occur pretty much every time and I just dont understand why they haven't been fixed yet.

This is the most annoying bug that I've encountered. Almost every single upgrade since Plesk 5 has given me seemingly random cgi permission errors for many domains. It appears to effect scripts that need to write to a file. The file that is being written to always loses write permission. At first I thought it was effecting all folders/files that were chmod 777. However, it seems to only effect some and not others. Is there a fix for this that I've missed? I've read dozens of posts from people who have had this same problem.

This last upgrade to 7.5.2 brought on a new problem for me that I haven't seen before. I have an e-commerce client that uses CyberSource for payment processing. After the upgrade, the CyberSource module that was installed on the server quit working. I've tried re-installing and it doesn't seem to work. I get the following error:

"Can't load '/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/cybs/cybs.so' for module cybs: libspapache.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/XSLoader.pm line 83"

The error says that it can't load "'/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/cybs/cybs.so" yet that file is there. Any ideas on this one?

This happened to me when I moved the cybs directory after compiling.

In the new location, if you do "make clean" then "perl Makefile.PL; make; make install" the error goes away.

Back