• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk user name changed

P

Plesk_kidv

Hi everyone. Somehow the Plesk user name changed . Instead of using 'admin', 'administrator' has to be used to access the Plesk panel.

If I try adding the admin user again through the Plesk page it says the user already exist. All of our other Plesk 10 servers work with the user name 'admin'. Just wanted to know how to switch the user name back .

Thanks

What sort of problem when you try login as admin?
BTW, There is an ability to login to Plesk as admin with login and password of system superuser (root or administrator) in Plesk 10.x

I figured it out.

Plesk was only saving my password up to the 14th character. So I was only able to log in as administrator using the full password but the Plesk user only had part of the password saved which is why it was telling me "username or password incorrect"

I ran plesksrvclient.exe -get to see that the password was not complete. I just updated the password to a shorter one using plesksrvclient.exe

Back