• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Website will encountered 403 in just CHROME!

silver

Basic Pleskian
Hello.
I recently install a plesk and setup a website in it.all things are good in firefox, but in chrome I will see 403 error!
thank u for any suggestion or help in advance.

Last edited:
ModSecurity is not enable ...,It s a fresh plesk and I did not add any new extension ... just install composer and laravel ....

Only a throw-in... i had a issue with ModSecurity too (not yours), its look disabled in plesk, but was working in background. After enable and disable (again) in plesk, my issue was gone. So maybe try enable and disable it?

ModSecurity can not be on ! although its ENABLED in OS! I check it out from ssh ...

This is result of turning on from plesk:

Failed to install the ModSecurity rule set: modsecurity_ctl failed: gpg: key ........: "Atomicorp (Atomicorp Official Signing Key) <[email protected]>" not changed gpg: Total number processed: 1 gpg: unchanged: 1 gpg: Signature made Tue Jul 2 05:39:11 2019 +0430 using RSA key ID 4520AFA9 gpg: Good signature from "Atomicorp (Atomicorp Official Signing Key) <[email protected]>" gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature! gpg: There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner. Primary key fingerprint: 1818 ........ 4520 AFA9 TERM environment variable not set. /bin/bash: line 86: /dev/?: No such file or directory /bin/bash: line 61: /dev/?: No such file or directory warning: /var/cache/yum/x86_64/7/tortix-common/packages/aum-5.0-5862.el7.art.x86_64.rpm: Header V4 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID .....: NOKEY Invalid GPG Key from file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY.atomicorp.txt: No key found in given key data Command '/bin/bash < /tmp/tmppTbU6d/aum' returned non-zero exit status 1 Unable to download tortix rule set

thanks. this happen ...

Failed to install the ModSecurity rule set: modsecurity_ctl failed: gpg: key .....: "Atomicorp (Atomicorp Official Signing Key) <[email protected]>" not changed gpg: Total number processed: 1 gpg: unchanged: 1 gpg: Signature made Tue Jul 2 05:39:11 2019 +0430 using RSA key ID 4520AFA9 gpg: Good signature from "Atomicorp (Atomicorp Official Signing Key) <[email protected]>" gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature! gpg: There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner. Primary key fingerprint: 1.....................................TERM environment variable not set. /bin/bash: line 86: /dev/?: No such file or directory /bin/bash: line 61: /dev/?: No such file or directory aum failed with exitcode 3. stdout: Checking versions ... AUM version is current: package asl is not installed[75G[[1;31m[1;32mPASS[0m[0m] Authorization failed attempting to download an update. The username or password may be invalid, or your license may be expired. Please log in to the License Manager at Please login and verify your account. Further information may be found at: ASL FAQ - Atomicorp Wiki.

I select "Custom rule set" to turn it ON in plesk, and then turn it off ... seems to be ok, would u please check and send feedback ?

No ! not fixed yet ... It's something strange ... it will be shown correctly in Firefox ... but in chrome and Chromium we see 403 !

It's no browser problem, I'll get a 403 error in any browser (Firefox, Chrome, InternetExplorer, Edge)

It's a DNS problem!

You have two A records configured for trade.cidco.ir, one pointing to 86.104.32.69 and the other 217.20.116.248
86.104.32.69 seems to be your Linux/Plesk Server and thus it works if the browser connects to that one.

217.20.116.248 on the other hand is a Windows 2008R2 server (with no Plesk panel installed) and no knowledge of your domain. So no surprise if we get a 403 error here.

It's no browser problem, I'll get a 403 error in any browser (Firefox, Chrome, InternetExplorer, Edge)

It's a DNS problem!

You have two A records configured for trade.cidco.ir, one pointing to 86.104.32.69 and the other 217.20.116.248
86.104.32.69 seems to be your Linux/Plesk Server and thus it works if the browser connects to that one.

217.20.116.248 on the other hand is a Windows 2008R2 server (with no Plesk panel installed) and no knowledge of your domain. So no surprise if we get a 403 error here.

Thanks for your answer, I saw correct data (in Chromium incognito and Firefox private tab), but some hours later, one of browsers throw 403 error ! and after some more hours both of them 403 ... and this cycle repeat and repeat!

As u read,
@IgorG commented : Hmm... all works fine for me in Chrome for MacOS.

So he visited the website with correct content ...

Now I've just removed websites configs and files and recreated website in plesk with default files but change index.html file which output is "testing".
I did this to check if I made a mistake in configs or something ... because I use ssh and git(cli) to deploy all files on server(with root user, but change owner and group to plesk user and psacln) and also change root directory ...

would you please check in ur browser and visit the link to make sure u are able to see current data ("testing")?

As @ChristophRo correctly pointed out, it's a DNS problem (remember: "It's always DNS!").

Changing your web server config will not fix anything. You must fix your DNS records.

Currently, your domain has 2 IP addresses:
Code:
# dig +short trade.cidco.ir A

86.104.32.69 = your Plesk server, running on a Linux OS
217.20.116.248 = a Windows server with IIS 7.5, without Plesk

So, 50% of all your visitors will be directed to the wrong server.

Solution: Remove the obsolete A record from your domain and wait for the TTL to expire (3600 seconds in your case).

Back