• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk with nginx as standalone webserver

9musashi

Basic Pleskian
Hi, I set "FPM application served by NGINX" for every service plan that I want nginx as their standalone webserver.

But I have some configuration questions:

1. How to set default "Serve static files directly by nginx" to enabled (checked) ? So I dont have to go to every domain and click "checked" to enable it. It will be nice if this option is also included in Service Plan configuration and not only in Domain configuration.

2. I need to add Drupal nginx directive in "location / " , example:
For Drupal 7
location / {
try_files $uri /index.php?$query_string; # For Drupal >= 7
}

OR
For Drupal 6
location / {
try_files $uri @rewrite; # For Drupal <= 6
}

Currently , I add "try_files $uri /index.php?$query_string; # For Drupal >= 7" line in /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom/domain/nginxDomainVirtualHost.php
But for Drupal 6 version website I need to edit directly to /var/www/vhosts/system/domain_name/conf/nginx.conf and write-protected the file with "chattr +i" command.

Any cleaner solution to add nginx directive at Plesk GUI panel without "duplicate" nginx directive error or without have to use chattr +i command ?

I tried VestaCP and it has very good solution as they provide different nginx config template that we can choose (we can also create it) when we add a domain. Maybe Plesk could also provide "nginx config select box" to choose at domain setting.

Thank you

Should I just remove this line
Code:
    location / {
<?php echo $VAR->includeTemplate('domain/service/proxy.php', $OPT); ?>
    }
from /usr/local/psa/a dmin/conf/templates/custom/domain/nginxDomainVirtualHost.php

and add this line at Plesk panel nginx directive ?
Code:
location / {
try_files $uri /index.php?$query_string; # For Drupal >= 7
}

Back