• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk www redirect not working under hosting settings

Binesh S

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

Any one can look at www redirect not working any more under preferred domain setup , without www works fine and none also not working

I have serveral domain all working under plesk 12.5.30 , Now i have upgrade plesk onyx 17.5.3 existing all redirect working while new domain created same server and point to www redirect not working , seems to be a bug

Thanks
Binesh

Is there a CNAME for WWW?

Is this affecting a single domain or all domains?

I have checked cname for www seems to be okay, I have modified existing domain and rename new domain, its working fine . Seems to be creating a new domain under plesk oynx 17.5.3 not working for www redirect

Well, if it's only new domains, I'm going to think it's an issue with Plesk itself so let's run this first via CLI;

# plesk repair installation

If that fails, let's rebuild the configuration files for the web server and all domains;

# plesk repair web

I try repair plesk but went fail again

Errors occurred while performing the following actions: cumulative Plesk upgrade and repair final stage.
Check '/var/log/plesk/install/plesk_17.5.3_repair.log' and '/var/log/plesk/install/plesk_17.5.3_repair_problems.log' for details

Than problem is no log file available on the above location plesk_17.5.3_repair_problems.log

I have found only " plesk_17.5.3_repair.log "

That means second log file can not able to create '/var/log/plesk/install/plesk_17.5.3_repair_problems.log'

So i'm reading your original post again - did this occur right after the Onyx upgrade?

Sounds like the upgrade didn't complete, try this;

# plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components

The above scripts runs successful but still issue persist

Seems to be bug , should fix from plesk support

Tried .htacces as well , No use , the problem only for newly created domain in plesk onyx, the old migrated domain all working fine

Back