• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk8 Error - Apache can't be restarted

• Thread starter zitronenmaennch
  • Start date
Z

zitronenmaennch

Hi there,

I use Plesk 8 and when I create a new domain (mostly this happens when several domains have been created) the apache won't restart. (which I think it starts new after a domain is created?

This is the follwing error code:

PHP:
0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:169
psaerror(string 'Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by websrvmng: websrvmng: Service apache2 failed to start')
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/restart_services.php:30

Even trying to start the apache manually does not work.

The only way to get Apache running again is a complete reboot of the server.

This is a from the apache2 error log:

PHP:
Configuration Failed
[Mon May 08 22:14:31 2006] [warn] Init: Session Cache is not configured [hint: SSLSessionCache]
[Mon May 08 22:14:31 2006] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `plesk' does NOT match server name!?
[Mon May 08 22:14:31 2006] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `plesk' does NOT match server name!?
[Mon May 08 22:14:31 2006] [crit] (28)No space left on device: mod_rewrite: could not create rewrite_log_lock
Configuration Failed
[Mon May 08 22:15:06 2006] [warn] Init: Session Cache is not configured [hint: SSLSessionCache]
[Mon May 08 22:15:06 2006] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `plesk' does NOT match server name!?
[Mon May 08 22:15:06 2006] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `plesk' does NOT match server name!?
[Mon May 08 22:15:06 2006] [crit] (28)No space left on device: mod_rewrite: could not create rewrite_log_lock
Configuration Failed
[Mon May 08 22:16:45 2006] [warn] Init: Session Cache is not configured [hint: SSLSessionCache]
[Mon May 08 22:16:45 2006] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `plesk' does NOT match server name!?
[Mon May 08 22:16:45 2006] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `plesk' does NOT match server name!?
[Mon May 08 22:16:45 2006] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/sbin/suexec2)
[Mon May 08 22:16:46 2006] [notice] mod_python: Creating 32 session mutexes based on 150 max processes and 0 max threads.
[Mon May 08 22:16:46 2006] [notice] Apache/2.0.53 (Linux/SUSE) configured -- resuming normal operations

Well, this is some awfull bug or whatever. Please help to fix this problem.

Thx in advance,

Z

Hmmm...I would not worry too much about the Common Name (CN) errors but the other one about mod_rewrite... sounds like you have run out of space on one of your partitions.

run a #df on your server and take a look at the space available on all your partitions. Especially look at the partition that has your /tmp dir in it. If need be, set up a symlink ofr the /tmp dir pointing it to something like your home dir where you have some extra space.

Just a thought..

Hi,

thx for your answer. But I have aprox. 95 GB of space left, so this couldn't really be the problem. But I also wonder, why the log says, no space is available.

Any other ideas?

Z

I have the same problem please fix this bug :)

After i create a new domaint he only way to get Apache running again is a complete reboot of the server.:mad:

Thx for the Hint. This will hopefully help to let Apache restart in console without rebooing whole server. But it still doesn't fix the problem with the webservicemanager. I guess, this is a problem by plesk. Maybe someone from swsoft could give us a hint here?

Z

No, I don't think it is a Plesk problem at all. If you can't start Apache using apachectl (or service httpd start, or whatever you usually do) then Plesk websrvmng won't be able to do it either.

But this problem only occures, when a domain is created with plesk. So I guess, this has something to do with plesk itself.

I can restart Apache at will with plesk when no modification is applied, but when I want to modify something (like disable safe mode for example), I got the same error as above when I try to restart Apache.

Plesa a fix from plesk !!!!!!!:(

It's most likely an error in the config modifications you have made. Check the Apache server error log (not the one for the domain) and it should tell you what is tripping it up. Also, you can run service httpd configtest (or /path/to/apachectl configtest) and it will scan the configuration for errors. If there are no errors it is safe to restart Apache in the normal way.

Just in case it is something to do with not Plesk mucking up httpd.include, what I would do is try creating a blank vhost.conf and see if you have the same problem. If it works OK, then start to add your configurations in vhost.conf (but run configtest first).

I fix this problem with this command :)

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/websrvmng -a
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/websrvmng -r

grrr... It doesn't work.
I just update Plesk and create a domain with "safe mod" off and now i can't restart apache.

It's OK; It wasn't the same problem. It was ioncube which does'nt work with eacelerator.

Thanks for help.

Back