• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Plesks and Nextcloud and PHP

Detlef D.

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.5 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64
Hello, I have a problem with Plesks and Nextcloud and PHP

I keep getting an email with the information

Re: Cron <linux1user@linux1> (/opt/plesk/php/8.3/bin/php -f 'cloud/nextcloud/occ' -- 'db:add-missing-indices') > /dev/null

Text: The current PHP memory limit is below the recommended value of 512MB.

However, 512M is already entered everywhere under the domain under PHP in the field memory_limit under all installed domains. I've already entered 1000M for testing purposes. The email keeps coming...

Where is the problem? Where do I have to change something?

cu Detlef

Hi Detlef,

The PHP settings for a domain are not applied in the cron environment. It will use the default php.ini memory_limit which should be 128M.

You can specify it for the cron task using -d 'memory_limit=1G':
Code:
(/opt/plesk/php/8.3/bin/php -d 'memory_limit=1G' -f 'cloud/nextcloud/occ' -- 'db:add-missing-indices') > /dev/null

Or you can edit the global php.ini for PHP 8.3. Tools & Settings > General Settings: PHP Settings > click on any PHP 8.3 handlers (php.ini is the same for all of them) > php.ini. Here you will update ``memory_limit = 128M``and then save. The next cron run will pick up the new memory_limit.

Not only cron; those settings are only applied to the respective fpm pool.
Generally, you can use /opt/plesk/php/8.3/bin/php -i to view the effective config and the files it got loaded from.

Or you can edit the global php.ini for PHP 8.3. Tools & Settings > General Settings: PHP Settings > click on any PHP 8.3 handlers (php.ini is the same for all of them) > php.ini. Here you will update ``memory_limit = 128M``and then save. The next cron run will pick up the new memory_limit.
Thank you

Back