• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PleskUpdater Error

C

chrisz7

hi -

Whever I start the PeskUpdater tool - or the PleskAutoUpdate tool in windows explorer or through dos or the start menu I get the following exception below. So it seems that I haven't downloaded and installed any of the hotfixes for Plesk 6.5.

I have manually installed a necessary hotfix to install the backup utility, which is also now installed. But I'm now trying to run the backup utility which is giving a similar .Net error.

(though i can backup domains through the Plesk control panel - is that using the same utility?)

Anyone got any clues? Is it a configuration error in my setup of Plesk, or is it a conflict with .Net? Or anything else?

Any help would be great!

Thanks, Chris.

EXCEPTION:

Microsoft .Net Framework
An unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will be shut down immediatly.

ProductInfo,Product,Attribute

Details:
************** Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): ProductInfo,Product,Attribute
at System.RuntimeType.ForwardCallToInvokeMember(String memberName, BindingFlags flags, Object target, Int32[] aWrapperTypes, MessageData& msgData)
at WindowsInstaller.Installer.get_ProductInfo(String Product, String Attribute)
at PleskUpdater.InstalledProgram.productFamily(String productGuid)
at PleskUpdater.Progress.Progress_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

...etc.

Problem fixed..

On SWsoft's advice - I uninstalled the backup, then uninstalled the auto update. The reinstalled them both and they are now working fine.

It was odd though, as the programmes did look installed - they were in the start menu, the scheduler was set etc.. perhaps my server was created using a ghost image which didn't configure properly.

Anyway, solved now.

Back