• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

POP Authentication Error / Email piping / WHMCS

A

ArizonaSky

Hi, I use www.whmcs.com for billing on my Ubuntu 6.06 / Plesk 8.1.0 servers.

The support email account for the WHMCS ticket system is hosted externally. To get emails into the ticket system from that external email account WHMCS pops the emails into itself using a cron job using GET. This worked fine a few months back but isn't anymore and have not been able to figure out why.

When running "GET http://support.domain.com/pipe/pop.php" in a browser I get an "Authentication Failed" from WHMCS but the host, email address and password have been verified to be correct and work in Thunderbird and via webmail (Not Horde).

Don't see any logging in the log files when the cronjob runs every 5 minutes. A smilliar WHMCS GET cronjob works just fine but doesn't deal with emails and it logs fine in /var/log/syslog.

Tried playing with the qmail control files but nothing there. Not an APF firewall issues either.

Any ideas as to why I'm getting the authentication error?

Back