• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Port to new server without losing mail

D

Decius

Hi there,

I am moving a bunch of domains from one server to a new one. Both have plesk (source is 7 and dest is 8).

I have manually created all the domains and all the mail accounts. I am also manually transferring all the data.

The main thing i am interested in is how to port all the mail to the new server so that any un-downloaded mail will be included with any new mail received on the new server.

Thanks.

Your mail is stored in /var/qmail/mailnames. You'll find a list of domains, under which you'll find each user, under which you'll find the Maildir folder, which will have at least three folders in it, though in most cases, there will be more.

/var/qmail/mailnames --
domain.com
domain.net
domain.org

/var/qmail/mailnames/domain.com/
user1
user2
user3

/var/qmail/mailnames/domain.com/user1/Maildir/
new
cur
tmp

The e-mail will be stored in both new and cur, while tmp is a temporary folder for incoming but incompleted sorting of the e-mail.

Please be aware you CAN have more directories. These are the folders that users create within Horde. They are just as important if you're wanting to back up all e-mail. Please make sure to verify the correct ownership of the e-mail files and folders. A quick check before should show popuser/popuser as the owner of the folders, and the files. Verify this before going live on the new server.

Hope this helps you, and if you need more info, just ask.. I'm sure someone besides me has gone through this for updating processes...

-John

Back