• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Possible to disable Mail in Plesk 10?

J

jebbie23

I have some special needs in a new project of our company. We have to handle many different mail-accounts with different subdomains - for example "[email protected]".

Creating every subdomain of them as a main-domain is not an option to solve this (i know that is a possability to create such e-mail accounts with plesk).

So i came out with the idea, to solve all of this on my own - installing and managing my own mailserver. But now i'm a little bit scared about the running plesk-installation.

My hoster said, that he don't recommend to do that while running plesk on the same server - and i understand his dark thoughts about that.

I just want to know if there is a simple and save way to uninstall the mail-stuff that came with plesk 10 - so i can install my own solution after that.

And.. it would be a shame to remove the whole plesk installation because for all the other stuff i just love to work with plesk. The other option - is there any cool solution to create subdomain-mail-accounts in plesk 10 without using a main-domain-subscription for it?

I'm afraid that it is impossible to uninstall whole mail subsystem from Plesk because it is very tightly integrated.

Thanks for your answer... meanwhile i googlet a lot about this question and i think, you're totally right! But i found a solution for my special needs ;)

I will buy another server, only for mail. There, i will not install plesk - i simply make a clean new debian with a manual qmail installation. So i'm able to create subdomain-mail-accounts with all the quirks i want to make.

On the other side, i will keep the current running installation with apache and plesk - for all the normal stuff it is a really great tool and i don't wanna miss it. It would be just great for a future release to implement a solution for subdomain-email-accounts, without the need of a main-domain-subscription for that. But for the moment, i have found my way :)

Back