• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Post Plesk Update - Server is inaccessible, MariaDB does not load

mcglinn

New Pleskian
An automatic upgrade was applied to the server early this morning and all sites are now inacccessible. Initially, I was able to login to the back end where I carried out systems checks and all seemed fine apart from the fact that websites were not accessible. Any advice on how to proceed with this?

Are you running Ubuntu? If so, check this thread:

Workaround is here:

Permanent fix for Ubuntu:

I understand that the issue stems from the Apache upgrade, which is unfortuante. This should have been caught before the Plesk update was sanctioned for release.
Initially, although I could login to the Plesk administrator panel and run various checks to identify the cause of the downed sites, the system showed no errors. I tried restarting Apache from within Plesk and no change. When I restarted NGNIX, then Plesk went down completely and I have not been able to access it since with MariaDB showing a failure to load.

Could you suggest a way forward? Thank you.

Attachments

• Mysql error file.jpg
    Mysql error file.jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 7
I was able to progress half way with the solution referenced above and restart mariaDB and mysql but not able to back up the databse. Plesk is now up and running. However, when looking at Local Mysql server in Plesk, I am seeing the following error:

Error: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'mysql.user' doesn't exist.

Strangely, some sites are ableto run with FastCGI enabled but otherwise not. Suggestions?

Back