• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Postfix hacked - sending emails from non-existing accounts

Filipe Silva

Basic Pleskian
Hi.

Someone is sending emails from our company postfix using non-existing accounts. Luckly the spam filter is filtering some emails and are being sent only to our employes.

I have added this in /etc/postfix/main.cf :

"
smtpd_sender_restrictions = check_sender_access hash:/var/spool/postfix/plesk/blacklists, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_sender_login_mismatch, reject_unauth_pipelining, reject_unknown_reverse_client_hostname, permit_mynetworks, reject_non_fqdn_sender, reject_invalid_hostname
"

But every time I found a solution in the next day the spammers find a workaround.

This is an example seen in the maillog:

"
Dec 21 10:48:09 vpsxxxxxxx postfix/smtpd[2936]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[177.1.75.239]: 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [177.1.75.239] blocked using bl.spamcop.net; Blocked - see SpamCop.net - Blocking List ( bl.spamcop.net ) from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<[177.1.75.239]>
"
NOTE: I censored private information with: "ourdomain", "employeeX" and "vpsxxxxxxx"

I would appreciate any help,
Thanks.

EDIT: Just added "reject_unlisted_sender" to my "smtpd_sender_restrictions". Lets see how that goes. In the meanwhile I accept any feedback to improve the mail security.

Where do you derive that the mail is sent from the company postfix server? To me it looks rather as if mail is sent from an external source to recipients on your server.

What does it have to do with Plesk?

Back