• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Postfix: mails sent through sendmail binary are blocked because of wrong HELO

Same problem

I assume it didn't make it as I set my non_smtpd_milters back and got MAILER-DAEMON mail instead of my cron daemon mail this morning.

Hi. We have the same problem on our server. After updating from 11.5 to 12, every email sent from PHP mail() or similar non-smtpd services stopped working correctly.
Also plesk mail notifications don't arrive correctly, as someone mentioned before in this thread.

The error in mail.err
Code:
Aug 10 12:12:15 vm9 greylisting filter[21003]: Wrong HELO hostname: localhost
Aug 10 12:12:15 vm9 /usr/lib/plesk-9.0/psa-pc-remote[20204]: Message aborted.
Aug 10 12:12:15 vm9 postfix-local[21008]: Unable to get sender domain by sender mailname

In order to make everything working again, we disabled the non_smtpd_milter for psa-pc-remote in main.cf.

Before:
Code:
non_smtpd_milters = , inet:127.0.0.1:8891, inet:127.0.0.1:12768

Now:
Code:
non_smtpd_milters = , inet:127.0.0.1:8891
(8891 is OpenDKIM)

Anyway, this exclude psa-pc-remote from milters, and obvious that's not the right way.
Please let us know asap if the bug will be corrected.

Vito.

I had a similar issue with sendmail not working after upgrading from 11.5.0 to 12.0.18 whilst using Postfix as mail client.

Nothing I tried fixed the problem (something about HELO = localhost being wrong) - command rejected error...

Since it was getting critical, I installed Qmail instead, then ran

Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk

to rebuild the rcpthosts file (which was now empty).

This resolved the problem for me - not ideal but needed a quick fix.

I had a similar issue with sendmail not working after upgrading from 11.5.0 to 12.0.18 whilst using Postfix as mail client.

Nothing I tried fixed the problem (something about HELO = localhost being wrong) - command rejected error...

Since it was getting critical, I installed Qmail instead, then ran

Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk

to rebuild the rcpthosts file (which was now empty).

This resolved the problem for me - not ideal but needed a quick fix.

Take a look here:
http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?314291-Plesk-12-has-big-problems-with-email-and-POSTFIX

Anyway, we don't want and we can't switch to Qmail.
Parallels staff still does not care about. We are seriously thinking about switching to another web hosting package.
This is not the GREAT CUSTOMER SUPPORT they talks about.

Take a look here:
http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?314291-Plesk-12-has-big-problems-with-email-and-POSTFIX

Anyway, we don't want and we can't switch to Qmail.
Parallels staff still does not care about. We are seriously thinking about switching to another web hosting package.
This is not the GREAT CUSTOMER SUPPORT they talks about.

Agreed! Didn't particularly want Qmail either but had to do something quick!

Will be interested in a solution when there is one....

I assume it didn't make it as I set my non_smtpd_milters back and got MAILER-DAEMON mail instead of my cron daemon mail this morning.
Of course the only psa-pc-remote milter should be removed from non_smtpd_milters, and the fix will remove only one for plesk 12.0+

Anyway, this exclude psa-pc-remote from milters, and obvious that's not the right way.
Please let us know asap if the bug will be corrected.

Vito.
excluding psa-pc-remote milter (inet:127.0.0.1:12768) from non_smtpd_milters is the exact correct way!
Everyone who have psa-pc-remote milter in postfix non_smtpd_milters should remove it to avoid problems with mail.
Also, it should be never added there!
Please, do not make people confusing.

I believe the non_smtpd_milters workaround disables outgoing mail limits. It's time to fix this!
No. outgoing mail limits handled by plesk sendmail wrapper and have no relations to psa-pc-remote milter.
Please, do not make people confusing.

anyone from Plesk to write the solution? Still some customers have the same issue.

Yes, remove "inet:127.0.0.1:12768" from non_smtpd_milters
to solve the problem with
Starting greylisting filter...
Wrong HELO hostname: localhost
/usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/psa-pc-remote[29457]: handlers_stderr: REJECT
/usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/psa-pc-remote[29457]: REJECT during call 'grey' handler
/usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/psa-pc-remote[29457]: Message aborted.

Last edited:
Hi, Parallels Team,
I recently configured plesk 12 (postfix) to use opendkim. and after this configuration I've stumbled with some errors.
If I enable the forward or the auto reply on any emil account in PLESK the forward does not go through. the below reject results are taken from maillog:
milter-reject: DATA from localhost[127.0.0.1]: 5.7.1 Command rejected; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]>
to=<[email protected]>, relay=none, delay=0.02, delays=0.02/0/0/0, dsn=5.7.1, status=bounced (Command rejected)

current milter settings in main.cf

# OpenDKIM
milter_default_action = accept
milter_protocol = 6
smtpd_milters = , inet:127.0.0.1:8891, inet:127.0.0.1:12768
non_smtpd_milters = $smtpd_milters

Thanks in advance!

current milter settings in main.cf

# OpenDKIM
milter_protocol = 6
non_smtpd_milters = $smtpd_milters

Thanks in advance!

You have both Plesk milter and OpenDkim listed in non_smtpd_milters, change it to...

milter_protocol = 6
non_smtpd_milters = inet:127.0.0.1:8891

Hope it helps.
Kind regards

Lloyd

I have some problems too, I use Postfix and email is never signed, I have these two "milter" lines in main.cf:

Code:
# grep milters /etc/postfix/main.cf
non_smtpd_milters =
smtpd_milters = , inet:127.0.0.1:12768

Is that comma supposed to be there? I tried this (also shows extra commas) http://kb.odin.com/en/125353 but it didn't help, after I altered the two lines as indicated in the KB, no email was sent anymore.

I am seriously thinking about switching to cPanel.

I'm on Plesk 11 and this is what I have for those two lines...

Code:
smtpd_milters = inet:localhost:12768 inet:127.0.0.1:12345
non_smtpd_milters = inet:localhost:12768

Thanks Bobbbb; and are the emails signed ?

I tried as above and got

Code:
warning: connect to Milter service inet:127.0.0.1:12345: Connection refused

Back