• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Postfix/Sendmail not forwarding on Centos 7 sendmail status: 75

rdadmin

New Pleskian
Hi, yesterday we migrated several domains to a new plesk 12 with centos 7. Today we see that the email forwarding to local or external accounts is not working.

The sendmail links seems ok, we have tried mchk and bootstrapper.sh repair. Any help will be apreciated, thanks in advance.

Here are the maillog error and some configuration parameters:

Nov 30 21:08:11 server journal: plesk sendmail[7824]: SKIP during call 'check-quota' handler
Nov 30 21:08:11 server postfix/sendmail[7828]: fatal: match_list_parse: no pattern after '!'
Nov 30 21:08:11 server journal: plesk sendmail[7827]: sendmail unsuccessfully finished with exitcode 75
Nov 30 21:08:11 server postfix-local[7380]: Unable to forward original message. sendmail status: 75
Nov 30 21:08:11 server postfix/pipe[7377]: 1CF9F1086C27: to=<info@xxxxx>, relay=plesk_virtual, delay=11447, delays=11440/0.27/0/7.1, dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred (temporary failure. Command output: sendmail: fatal: match_list_parse: no pattern after '!' plesk sendmail[7827]: sendmail unsuccessfully finished with exitcode 75 4.2.1 Message can not be delivered at this time )

[root@server ~]# ll /usr/lib/sendmail /usr/bin/newaliases /usr/sbin/sendmail
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 32 nov 30 21:07 /usr/bin/newaliases -> /etc/alternatives/mta-newaliases
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 30 nov 30 21:07 /usr/lib/sendmail -> /etc/alternatives/mta-sendmail
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 nov 30 21:07 /usr/sbin/sendmail -> /etc/alternatives/mta
[root@server ~]# postconf |grep sendmail
sendmail_fix_line_endings = always
sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail.postfix
[root@server ~]# ls -l /usr/sbin/sendmail.postfix
-rwxr-x--- 1 root postdrop 247848 jun 10 2014 /usr/sbin/sendmail.postfix
[root@server ~]# md5sum /usr/sbin/sendmail.postfix
667b02a85c61c786def4521b060265e8 /usr/sbin/sendmail.postfix

Hi,

Just wondering are you able to send out email using SMTP / Webmail?
Is it ONLY forwarding that is NOT working?

Hi Abdi, thanks for you interest.

We have been working to get all ready with qmail to allow email forwarding temporally until the postfix problem will be fixed.

Forwarding email with Qmail works, all works, with Posfix no.

Sending from postfix webmail/smtp works, with php mail() did not work, and we can not see any error messages on maillog or apache error_log.

I must tell you more info, this problem did not start on this server/setup, it started on the old server on plesk 11.5 and centos 6.

A week ago the email forwarding start to fail like now, this problem was part of the motivation to do the migration, but it follow us to the new system.

Maybe it happened with a plesk update we don't know.
Sendmail binaries seems ok, links are ok, we tried all the reconfiguration options what we found in the forums, nothing worked.

Please any help will be apreciated.

Maybe, but how we can trace it?, and why it went through the migration process with PMM to the new system. Thanks again.

That's a good question. As I said I'm not an expert here but I would start with the files wich has the youngest modified-date. And search for the "!". Perhaps an unwanted line-break!?

Hello Rdadmin,

Technically, there is no difference between composing a new message and forwarding a message ...So if one of the 2 is NOT working, then it's weird, but easy to resolve ...

Do you have mod_security installed and running?

I am thinking probably with mod_security, certain characters trigger it and as such stop the sending ...

Hi, sorry for the long reply.

This problem was resolved automagicaly after 6 weeks running qmail. One day i tried again postfix and the bug disappeared.

But today i have another completly different server with same problem...

Without changes, without updates, at some time the errors started appearing again on the log, and the forwarded messages went to queue with the same error...

I tryed mdadm --with-spam, reinstall micro updates.. etc..

Jan 18 12:34:35 carrera3 plesk sendmail[14129]: handlers_stderr: SKIP
Jan 18 12:34:35 carrera3 plesk sendmail[14129]: SKIP during call 'check-quota' handler
Jan 18 12:34:35 carrera3 postfix/sendmail[14133]: fatal: match_list_parse: no pattern after '!'
Jan 18 12:34:35 carrera3 plesk sendmail[14132]: sendmail unsuccessfully finished with exitcode 75
Jan 18 12:34:35 carrera3 postfix-local[940]: Unable to forward original message. sendmail status: 75
Jan 18 12:34:35 carrera3 postfix/pipe[18639]: 4A5C755A1AA: to=<[email protected]>, relay=plesk_virtual, delay=14674, delays=14400/226/0/48, dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred (temporary failure. Command output: sendmail: fatal: match_list_parse: no pattern after '!' plesk sendmail[14132]: sendmail unsuccessfully finished with exitcode 75 4.2.1 Message can not be delivered at this time )

As before direct email works fine, only forwarding.

Please i need help.

Hi again,

Problem solved! , the cause was in the main.cf, it has an extra ! on one parameter.
Was my fault.

Thanks to all

Back