• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue postfix-srs sporadic threw command limit time exceeded

beli3005

New Pleskian
Hello!

Since yesterday we have some notifications:
Remote Server returned '< #5.3.0 x-unix; internal software error>'

In mail.log on ubuntu 18.04 you find:
postfix/spawn[15218]: warning: /usr/lib/plesk-9.0/postfix-srs: process id 15219: command time limit exceeded

I have no more clues where to search :( 99,99% of all mails are delivered succesfully.

Any hints?

Thomas

Additional log message:
postfix/pipe[23306]: warning: pipe_command_read: read time limit exceeded
postfix/pipe[23306]: 255927E4791: to=<info@#domain#>, relay=plesk_virtual, delay=1273, delays=273/0/0/1000, dsn=5.3.0, status=bounced (Command time limit exceeded: "/usr/lib/plesk-9.0/postfix-local")

This behaviour reported was analyzed by our developers in the scope of PPPM-9491
They confirm that this behaviour is standard for Postfix and does not affect any functionality.
They also confirm that error reporting is a little bit delusive.

Today again many log-entries
postfix/pipe[6082]: F3C2C7E048E: to=<to>, relay=plesk_virtual, delay=1001, delays=0.49/0/0/1000, dsn=5.3.0, status=bounced (Command time limit exceeded: "/usr/lib/plesk-9.0/postfix-local")

Any clues?

any news about this?
Hi!
That was an very interesting issue.

gmx and web.de mails was affected.

We had configured two dns servers on our machine. One of them was dead and not more responding. Our carrier missed to notify us.
The DMARC and DKIM check from PLESK was causing this issue due to the non-responsing dns server.

Greetings
Thomas

how please? thanks again
See reply #6
The "Host" where Plesk-Mailservices was running on had two dns servers configures. One of them wasn't responding.
If we had the same issue your DNS-Servers configured (or one of them) on that machine doesn't work. Also you can disable DKIM and DMARC.

I must keep dkim and dmarc for my mails service to be received/accepted by mailboxes.

How did you find your dns troubler?

Back