• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question PostgreSQL 9.6 and Plesk 12.5.30

Organizer

New Pleskian
Hello all,

Could someone answer me if it's possible for us with Plesk 12.5 (Ubuntu 14.04.x) to upgrade/install PostgreSQL 9.6 and create/manage our databases through Plesk?

We need 9.6 for new functionally urgently, so if it's not possible to work with Plesk I presume it can still be upgraded but then not managed through Plesk? Would it be possible to correct and later manage it through Plesk if we upgrade it before it's supported (pending it's not)?

Any and all advise appreciated.

According to Plesk 12.5 Release Notes latest supported version of PostgreSQL is 9.4. I suppose that version 9.6 will work too if you correctly upgrade it. But we haven't tested it. You can try and inform us with results.

Ended up installed it separate and disabling it in plesk. However having issues with pgadmin3/4 at this point and looking to somehow resolve that. If anyone else have done it or know of some guide relating to Ubuntu 14:04 let me know (seem to have some issues, maybe relating to running nginx reverse proxy with apache, not sure yet).

Same problem here. I'm using PostgreSQL 9.5, and Plesk can manage it, but backups do not work, via Plesk Backup Manager or via phpPgAdmin. They suggested me to upgrade to Plesk Onyx, but the problem still occurs.

Warning: postgresql "database_name"
Not all the data was backed up into ......... successfully. /usr/lib/postgresql/9.5/bin/pg_dump: invalid option -- 'i' Try "pg_dump --help" for more information.

The same on postgresql 9.6. Yesterday i remove postgresql 9.4 from plest and then install again thru Plesk Autoinstaller. Installed version was 9.6. During backup i have:

Not all the data was backed up into /backup/folder/ successfully. /usr/lib/postgresql/9.6/bin/pg_dump: invalid option -- 'i' Try "pg_dump --help" for more information.

Back