1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

PostgreSQL failed to start

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by rembrandt, May 12, 2005.

1. rembrandt

rembrandt Guest

Hello,

Since a few days (weeks maybe) on two of my servers running PSA 7.5.x and Red Hat 7.3 PostgreSQL isn´t running anymore, rendering Spamassassin useless.

When i want to start it from the commanline it simply says: [failed[ and when i log in to PlesK and try to start it i get this:
    Reinstalling the packages won´t help either...

Packagelist:
    postgresql-7.2.4-5.73
    postgresql-server-7.2.4-5.73
    php-pgsql-4.3.10-0

Has anyone experienced the same problem adn found a solution for this problem?

Best regards.

2. hardweb

hardweb Guest

spamassassin is not related to postgresql... What do you get when you try to restart pgsql from command line?

3. rembrandt

rembrandt Guest

commandline

Hy Hardweb,

From my original post:
    so i do:
    then i get:
    And there is there isn´t any more inforamtion given, not 1 logfile will give me any leads on what could be wrong.

Best regards

4. rembrandt

rembrandt Guest

found the solution

After an extensive search i´ve found the solution: upgrade to the latest version available for RedHet 7.3.

First, backup the data:
    then get the packages you need from the PostgresQL website. You need these packages:
    Then install the packages:
    after that, remove the old data:
    and then start PostgresQL:
    The Log in to PlesK to set the administrative user en password and presto! you´re up-and-running again.