• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[PPP-17530] Total mailboxes quota - not working

wallodya

New Pleskian
Hello,

I have a problem with disk quotas when creating mailboxes.
I created a new plan disk quota 4GB of emails I have assigned two gigabytes
I created a new user and assigned to the schedule created. Sign'm like as a user to control panel and went to create email box and accepts all receive allocation plan (maximum 2 gigabytes of email storage).

Why do I create a mailbox exceeds the set quota in hosting Plan?

I attach the picture settings, please advice. Mail server I Icewarp 11.2.1, 12.5.30 Plesk.

Thank Wallodya

plesk1.jpg

plesk2.jpg

Hosting Plan
plesk3.jpg

plesk4.jpg

Attachments

• plesk1.jpg
    plesk1.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 9
  • plesk2.jpg
    plesk2.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 6
  • plesk3.jpg
    plesk3.jpg
    384.2 KB · Views: 5
  • plesk4.jpg
    plesk4.jpg
    442.3 KB · Views: 5
Hi @wallodya!

Thank you for reporting the issue.

In fact there are several issues here:
1. On account tab always zero is shown as used. I confirm that it's bug with ID PPP-17530 in our internal tracker. I hope it'll be fixed in nearest microupdates for Plesk 12.5.
2. You can set mailbox size more than total mailboxes quota. I suppose it's not a bug but expected behavior: you can set any value for mailbox size and mail server (if it supports this feature) will limit you if total mailboxes quota will be exceeded.

Thank you for your response.

Hosting Controller now used on four servers
and I am to switch to Plesk,
currently using a web hosting packages on the disk size (4 gigabytes, 20 gigabytes ...) and within the allocated disk space the customer can create a mailbox and use the space for web
It is therefore necessary to Plesk enables the creation of mailboxes only to the size of the allocation of quotas

It can be set so that they are not exceeded in any allocated disk quota (for email and web)?

Thank you

Hi @wallodya!

Disk space used for mailboxes is counted into total disk usage. If your customer exceed the limit of disk usage he can be suspended (depends on overuse policy selected in service plan).

As I understand your case: you would like to make quota on the side of mail server (set max mailbox size).

What would you like to limit: each mailbox or total usage of all mailboxes?

For each mailbox there is mailbox size limit in service plan and when creating mailbox your cannot set quota more than this value.
For some mail servers also total quota for a domain is supported.

Hello,

I need to reduce the overall use of quotas mailboxes (so that customer to create the mailboxes can not exceed the total quota for email)

I need to configure Plesk so that the customer can create a mailbox only in the allocated disk quota (for example 2GB).
If I now set disk quotas to 2GB and a maximum of one mailbox to 2GB so the customer can create an infinite number of mailboxes over 2GB how to set this up so that he could not do?

when I have allocated disk quota for a mailbox where we can see how much disk quota available to me when creating a new email? (though I have created several boxes of different sizes)

Thank you

I need to configure Plesk so that the customer can create a mailbox only in the allocated disk quota (for example 2GB).
The solution is to set mailbox size limit in service plan

If I now set disk quotas to 2GB and a maximum of one mailbox to 2GB so the customer can create an infinite number of mailboxes over 2GB how to set this up so that he could not do?
Total mailbox quota can help you (if it's supported by mail server. In your case it's supported on IceWarp)

The idea is the same as for webspace and domains: you have total disk space for all domains in webspace and don't try to organize limitation of resource sharing for each domain. Here is the same idea: you share disk space between mailboxes, have total limit for all mailboxes and limit of each mailbox is just to help in your case don't allow one mailbox to eat all disk space provided.

You are welcome to suggest your idea how to organize the limitations: https://plesk.uservoice.com/forums/184549-feature-suggestions

OK, version 12.5 is a problem with Total mailbox quota? (bug)
because it is now possible to create a mailbox with greater capacity

If it is a mistake when it will be fixed?

Which version is fine where he is working correctly Total mailbox quota?
so that we can test the functionality of quotas

Thank you

To make quota per mailbox use mail box size limit. You shouldn't be able to create mailbox more than this limit.
Total mailbox quota now don't limit mailbox size when your are creating mailbox. This limit only works on the side of mail server.
You can just correctly adjust this 2 limits.

The only bug is that usage of total mailbox quota is not shown in Plesk interface.

Back