• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[PPP-22957] Restoring backup from other IMAP/POP server bounces mail

Tozz

Regular Pleskian
Description
When restoring a backup from a Plesk machine that was running another mail server, mail to that domain is softbounced permanently with a 4xx.

eg. Plesk backup contains backup from a machine running Courier and you are restoring to a machine running Dovecot or vice versa.

Version
CPU Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2609 v2 @ 2.50GHz (4 core(s))
Version Plesk v12.5.30_build1205150826.19 os_Debian 8.0
OS Debian 8.4

How to reproduce?
1. Create a backup from a Plesk machine running Courier.
2. Restore the backup to a Plesk machine running Dovecot.

In the mailnames folder you will see (eg. [email protected]):
cat /var/qmail/mailnames/example.com/info/.qmail
| /usr/bin/deliverquota ./Maildir

This results in:
May 17 15:57:47 belinda postfix/pipe[4569]: 427D5122F367: to=<[email protected]>, relay=plesk_virtual, delay=0.5, delays=0.49/0/0/0.02, dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred (temporary failure. Command output: /bin/sh: 1: /usr/bin/deliverquota: not found 4.2.1 Message can not be delivered at this time )

This is because /usr/bin/deliverquota is for Courier and the machine is running Dovecot.

Expected result:
I would expect the Dovecot handler to be present in the .qmail file:

# cat .qmail
| true
| /usr/lib/dovecot/dovecot-lda -d "$DELIVERED_TO"

This is the correct handler for Dovecot.

Actual result:
# cat .qmail
| /usr/bin/deliverquota ./Maildir

The account still uses the handler for Courier, which does not exists because this machine runs Dovecot.

Mail is denied with a 4.2.1 and will permfail after +/- 5 days (depending on retry timeouts on sending server).

Fix
The Plesk Migration Manager (I believe PMM is used for restoring backups) should verify and fix the correct .qmail handler.

Thank you for report. I have submitted corresponding bugreport PPP-22957.

Any updates on this? I dont see PPP-22957 mentioned in the Onyx changelogs. Is this issue still unresolved?

Back