• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved [PPP-56953] Plesk and website, ssh is down

Hajime Tanaka

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Almalinux 8.5 x86_64
Plesk version and microupdate number
I tried to reboot VPS and Plesk and SSH root, but the website is currently down. I can still connect to VNC connect only.

Is there to fix this issue?

hello @Samet Chan ,
error msg said that IP address assigned on domain affectedDomain.tld disappeared from the system.

as temporary workaround you can assign another (existing in system) IP address to this domain
/usr/sbin/plesk bin subscription -u $domain -ip $new_ip
for example by command above, boot OS normally and continue with analyzing what's happened.

Last edited:
hello @Samet Chan ,
error msg said that IP address assigned on domain disappeared from the system.

as temporary workaround you can assign another (existing in system) IP address to this domain

for example by command above, boot OS normally and continue with analyzing what's happened.
Could you censor my domain and from changing the screenshot to censor that I've reported?

I've followed your command and said:
Code:
Wrong syntax for command's `-update` parameter
[-ip]

exit status 1

@Samet Chan ,
you should replace variables $domain and $new_ip by your domain name and an IP address that really exists in the system.

also, wouldn't you be so kind to share output of
ls /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg*

p.s> request for post sanitize was created, but it can take some time.

@Samet Chan ,
you should replace variables $domain and $new_ip by your domain name and an IP address that really exists in the system.

also, wouldn't you be so kind to share output of

p.s> request for post sanitize was created, but it can take some time.
I'm going to PM you from a conversation about what I've got the error and eth0 config also.

I wouldn't share this reply of my IP address if you saw my screenshot.

to summarize, for the history.

it was suggested to change IP for affected domain temporary
/usr/sbin/plesk bin ipmanage -u 1.2.3.4 -type shared
/usr/sbin/plesk bin subscription -u affectedDomain.tld -ip 1.2.3.4
but it does not work due to error that it is already used by another account (even type was successfully changed to shared)

then we've tried to find owner of affectedDomain.tld
/usr/sbin/plesk db -e 'select d.id, d.displayName, d.cl_id, c.login, c.type from domains d inner join clients c on c.id=d.cl_id where d.displayName like "affectedDom%";'
and was trying to add available IP to this owner
/usr/sbin/plesk bin ip_pool --add 1.2.3.4 -type shared -owner <owners_login_here>
but it is failed with the same error msg.

as the another one temporary workaround which should help to boot server it was suggested to suspend the problem domain:
/usr/sbin/plesk bin subscription --suspend affectedDomain.tld

it is strange that there's no such files at /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg* at the Samet's server.
at the my test environment there are
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ens3 /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ens4:1
but Plesk tries to modify file /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ens4
so changes made (added IP alias) are not persistent and lost after reboot.

the root cause looks similar to bug PPP-56953 that we're going to fix in 18.0.44 (incorrect managing IP aliases on AlmaLinux).

it was noted that renaming
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ens4:1 to /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ens4
or even create appropriate symlink - WILL NOT HELP and maybe lead to the inability up network interface.

finally it was recommended to contact provider's technical support or Plesk Technical Support directly.

I have to update this thread, I believe this is not an issue about Plesk or Firewall, etc, but I believe my hosting contact said that have been suspended to my server for the wrong right.

I've contacted that hosting service to unsuspended my VPS again and now I am able to access login Plesk and everything is working now.

You may solve this thread now.

Back