• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[PPP-8556] Server crashes after downloading a backup

Timo002

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

Just something incredibly annoying happend. I wanted to download a backup, created by Plesk automatically every night. The backups are stored on a FTP location, but I clicked on the download link within the Plesk panel.

It took 5 seconds, and after that, I got this:
ERROR: Zend_Db_Statement_Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1020 Got error 28 from storage engine (Pdo.php:234)

Search for related Knowlegde base arcicles

All sites running on the VPS are down, because of en SQL error.

I just wanted to download a backup, what the f*ck happend. This should be one of the most save things to do. I'm really pissed off about this.

What happend an how can I take care that this won't happen again!

Note: Luckely my VPS hosting provider makes backups every 5 hours and it just made a backup 30 minutes before, so I could restore this backup.

Looks like there is lacks of disk space or inodes on your VPS. This prevents MySQL from writing to disk. Have you checked this?

Below a screenshot of of the disk space usage. I don't know what volume Plesk uses for this. The backup was around 1.8GB. I suppose, that if it first downloads the backup from FTP to the VPS and then to my computer, it would check the free disk space before starting.
q0zilPx.png

# df -h

Code:
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/vg_plesk-lv_root
                      145G   33G  105G  24% /
tmpfs                 1.9G     0  1.9G   0% /dev/shm
/dev/vda1             477M  161M  292M  36% /boot
/dev/mapper/vg_plesk-lv_tmp
                      488M  624K  462M   1% /tmp

# df -i
Code:
Filesystem            Inodes  IUsed   IFree IUse% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/vg_plesk-lv_root
                     9528992 415487 9113505    5% /
tmpfs                 490578      1  490577    1% /dev/shm
/dev/vda1             128016     62  127954    1% /boot
/dev/mapper/vg_plesk-lv_tmp
                       32768     59   32709    1% /tmp

To resolve the issue, either increase or clear the space on the partition where the Plesk database, temporary backup and backup directories are located.
On Linux, the right partition can be fetched from the Plesk config file:

# cat /etc/psa/psa.conf|grep MYSQL_VAR_D
# cat /etc/psa/psa.conf|grep DUMP

Looks like there is lack of free disk space for /tmp partition.

Hello IgoR,

Below the output of you commands:
MYSQL_VAR_D /var/lib/mysql
DUMP_D /var/lib/psa/dumps
DUMP_TMP_D /tmp
What should I do?

I stille don't understand why Plesk would allow me to do this, if there is not enough disk space. Also apologies for my language in the first thread!

What should I do?
Just increase size of /tmp partition.
Temp file will be created there in process of backup downloading. We will fix this annoying behaviour in upcoming Plesk 17 version.

Back