• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[PPPM-2612] Outgoing mail control on domains simply doesn't work

Kroptokin

Regular Pleskian
Plesk 12.0.18 on CentOS 6.5 using Postfix

i have configured outgoing mail control to have a limit on a domain. I have removed all entries from the server wide white list.

This setting - Allow scripts and users to use Sendmail is unchecked.

However I can send any number of messages using PHP's mail() command from a PHP script on the domain.

I see this in the maillog:
Error during 'limit-out' handler

But the email is sent and no limit is applied.

What should I check for?

Thanks

--Justin Wyllie

Last edited:
I also see this in maillog:

SKIP during call 'check-quota' handler

Which sounds like it is the problem. Why might it be doing this? The setting to control outgoing mail is turned on.

Thanks

Ah. Thanks. Yes, I should have posted I am also seeing the error ERROR 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lower' so that is this case.

I will keep an eye on the updates.

Hello,
we will fix it soon, please follow Plesk updates RSS feed to stay informed.

Yes. My system has updated to that revision.

Now no mail is sent at all using PHP mail() function:

Mar 30 14:50:01 vps20171433 plesk sendmail[2446]: handlers_stderr: DATA REPLY:554:5.7.0 The message could not be sent. You are not allowed to use sendmail utility.
Mar 30 14:50:01 vps20171433 plesk sendmail[2446]: handlers_stderr: REJECT
Mar 30 14:50:01 vps20171433 plesk sendmail[2446]: REJECT during call 'limit-out' handler

In my WhiteList I have restored the default settings of 127.0.0.1 / 8 and ::1 / 128

The limit set is 15 and I cannot send 1 email.

This is a critical issue for my business.

Last edited:
Ok. After some investigations I now have this:

Under Outgoing Mail Control - "Allow scripts and users to use Sendmail" has to be turned on. (That made it work). A couple of anomalies though:

1. Despite the text underneath this option saying that with this turned on scripts will be controlled by the limit set at the subscription level and not the domain level this is not true. The limit used is the one set at the domain level.
2. Despite the general warning for Outgoing Mail control saying that the feature will not work if 127.0.0.1 is listed in the Server wide White List this is not true. I have the default settings of 127.0.0.0 / 8 and ::1 / 128 and the feature works.

But it does now seem to be working.

Last edited:
Back